LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marry a surfer?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Yeah we're all surfers and stuff and you can keep that up when you get married too. Have a kid and its a different story. We're celebrating the 1 year birthday tomorrow. I'm gonna get out in the morning for a bit.

It's true things change when you have a kid but you need to change with them otherwise you're not doing it right. My wife surfs but she hasn't been out much in the past couple months.

Whenever I'm surfing and I see a young kid out there I try to find his parent and ask how old they are. Always turns out they're like 13 or so... I guess I don't know how old kids look anymore. I'm good with toddlers though now.

How young is too young to get them on the board? I'm gonna be pushing my son into waves next summer.

Kinda got off track there, are you gonna get hitched soon? A bit of advice, understand what you like to do and what she likes to do and make sure each of you have time to do it. If you're worried about your............ Wait a second...

From your profile "I do some wood working. Next project is a surfboard. I have 3 young grommets. When I'm not surfing I ride motorcycles or snowboard"

I guess you don't need any advice from me.
    It gets better...I have two kids 9yr old girl and 12 yr old boy...They started whrn they were about five or so...My advice is don't push them they will pick it up if they enjoy...Now most of my surfing includes them so I get good Dad credit from the wife and I get my surfing in...

Images
    dont get married. too much responsibility if you love to surf as much as i do. i don't think i ever will. surfing is way better than sex

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    dont get married. too much responsibility if you love to surf as much as i do. i don't think i ever will. surfing is way better than sex
    lol. You must be under the impression that you actually have sex when you are married.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    lol. You must be under the impression that you actually have sex when you are married.
    Ha! Funny stuff.

I'm getting married on Saturday, to a non-surfer, BUT she goes to the beach with me to hang out every time I go surf and doesn't complain or make it so that i'll cut my sessions short. She does sometimes get out there when it's small and likes to get pushed into a wave or two, but then she'll just go back and sit on the beach and watch. She likes the peace and quiet, and it all works out. The point i'm getting at is that it doesn't matter if she surfs or not, what matters is that she knows what it means to YOU and she doesn't get in the way of that. If she's a good woman, she'll support you in whatever it is that you LOVE to do, otherwise it won't work out, and you'll either stop surfing to please her, or you'll constantly be pissing her off with your LOVE for something NOT her. My two cents...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    hahaha didnt think about that. touche my friend touche

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'm getting married on Saturday, to a non-surfer, BUT she goes to the beach with me to hang out every time I go surf and doesn't complain or make it so that i'll cut my sessions short. She does sometimes get out there when it's small and likes to get pushed into a wave or two, but then she'll just go back and sit on the beach and watch. She likes the peace and quiet, and it all works out.The point i'm getting at is that it doesn't matter if she surfs or not, what matters is that she knows what it means to YOU and she doesn't get in the way of that. If she's a good woman, she'll support you in whatever it is that you LOVE to do, otherwise it won't work out, and you'll either stop surfing to please her, or you'll constantly be pissing her off with your LOVE for something NOT her. My two cents...
    Agreed ,nicely said.......

Congrats, DPS...have fun in PR. Hope you get some juice!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    surfing is way better than sex
    i said that in another thread (alright, i didn't say way better, but but i did say better), and got somewhat hosed for the comment. but i do agree.

btw, this particular sentiment comes at a certain age, so your actual mileage may vary

My wife surfs. I couldn't,t have it any other way. Yeah if she doesn't surf she might get how you love it nd she may chill on the beach etc but she won't be happy traveling to the arse end of the earth to some backwater just to get some waves. My wife does that enjoys it and looks good doing it. Admittedly , I am vey lucky