LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marry a surfer?

Sometimes I think what would happen if I saw some very sexy chick on the beach, looking good, under her umbrella, and she's saying "hey, baby, come hang out with me....". But.... it's overhead, clean and pumping. I would have to say "sorry baby, I'll have to see you later.". I can't imagine wanting to sit on the beach watching good waves and not surfing--even if, whatever sexy girl wants me to stay there.

Images
    the way i look at is this: 1) i can get way deeper in a hot moist tube on a surfboard than on dry land and 2) the ocean is always there for you, women, not so much

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    the way i look at is this: 1) i can get way deeper in a hot moist tube on a surfboard than on dry land and 2) the ocean is always there for you, women, not so much
    i look at it like this: the feeling you get from ripping a really nice wave is as good as an orgasm. therefore, in an epic session with consistent killer surf, you could conceivably get dozens of orgasms (or their surfing equivalent). women just can't compete.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    Waves can't cook or clean.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    +1 to this. Been married 17 years. 3 kids. All surf. Wife is a yoga instructor and she is a helluva cook. Getting married should NOT affect surf time. A good woman will understand that her man has other passions outside of her vaginal area. But all you guys talking bout sex not being as good as surfing must not know how to lay proper pipe. When you get down to it they are the same thing. You must block out distractions to get those few moments of bliss in both surfing and sex. Search for that good woman like you search for good waves. Don't compromise either!
    Dawn Patrol SUP, Good luck and congrats. if you surf Marias, tell Nego that the Earl of Funk says hi.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    but i can cook and clean haha. i don't know. call it laziness or whatever you want. i just don't really want that responsibility. i like being by myself. don't really need anyone else to make me happy or "complete" me or whatever that nonsense means.
    Last edited by 757surfer; Oct 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'm getting married on Saturday, to a non-surfer, BUT she goes to the beach with me to hang out every time I go surf and doesn't complain or make it so that i'll cut my sessions short. She does sometimes get out there when it's small and likes to get pushed into a wave or two, but then she'll just go back and sit on the beach and watch. She likes the peace and quiet, and it all works out. The point i'm getting at is that it doesn't matter if she surfs or not, what matters is that she knows what it means to YOU and she doesn't get in the way of that. If she's a good woman, she'll support you in whatever it is that you LOVE to do, otherwise it won't work out, and you'll either stop surfing to please her, or you'll constantly be pissing her off with your LOVE for something NOT her. My two cents...
    Congratulations!
    I'm getting married in April to a woman who sounds pretty similar... I think we both got pretty lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Congrats, DPS...have fun in PR. Hope you get some juice!
    Thanks Koki, I like a da juice! Fingers crossed!!!

It's not getting married that cuts into surf time as long as you pick the right partner. It's the kids. Right from waiting for the due date it gets dicey. When they're babies someone said "it's all about making deals" not so different from when you had to switch shifts or make a deal with someone at work so you could surf.

But then as the kids get older, it gets easier. Now my oldest is 14, and I'm making deals with him, I'll take you fishing if you cut the lawn so I can surf...

My wife and kids love the beach, so beach days and vacations with waves work for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    +1 to this. Been married 17 years. 3 kids. All surf. Wife is a yoga instructor and she is a helluva cook. Getting married should NOT affect surf time. A good woman will understand that her man has other passions outside of her vaginal area. But all you guys talking bout sex not being as good as surfing must not know how to lay proper pipe. When you get down to it they are the same thing. You must block out distractions to get those few moments of bliss in both surfing and sex. Search for that good woman like you search for good waves. Don't compromise either!
    Dawn Patrol SUP, Good luck and congrats. if you surf Marias, tell Nego that the Earl of Funk says hi.
    +1 on knowing how to lay proper pipe, and thank you, i'll definitely let Nego know you you said hi, if I happen to meet him, at some point i'm sure i'll be at Maria's, looks real fun from what i've seen