LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Marry a surfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    if deciding to get married relies on weather or not the person is a surfer then you may not be ready to get married.
    perhaps. but if you're thinking about getting married and you don't think your watertime is going to impact your relationship you may not be a surfer.

Images
    or you can be gay and have sex with dudes in the surf and marry there bleached anus

surfing is something that I can do to escape everything else in my life. So probably not.

As for understanding your need to feed the surf monkey... if they truly love you, they will understand.
    Last edited by leethestud; Oct 16, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I'm getting married on Saturday, to a non-surfer, BUT she goes to the beach with me to hang out every time I go surf and doesn't complain or make it so that i'll cut my sessions short. She does sometimes get out there when it's small and likes to get pushed into a wave or two, but then she'll just go back and sit on the beach and watch. She likes the peace and quiet, and it all works out. The point i'm getting at is that it doesn't matter if she surfs or not, what matters is that she knows what it means to YOU and she doesn't get in the way of that. If she's a good woman, she'll support you in whatever it is that you LOVE to do, otherwise it won't work out, and you'll either stop surfing to please her, or you'll constantly be pissing her off with your LOVE for something NOT her. My two cents...
    Congrats.. hate to break it to you but chances are she's only so cooperative cuz your not married yet... hopefully I'm wrong let me know in 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Congrats.. hate to break it to you but chances are she's only so cooperative cuz your not married yet... hopefully I'm wrong let me know in 3 months
    HAHA, thanks, i'll definitely report back in 3 months, ^ This guy...

Hey I'm not married, but I do have a son who is almost 2 1/2 now.. this past summer I had him on a body board everyday he came to the beach. I lifeguard so it was pretty epic being with him cutting and trying to get him in the barrel. I plan on trying to push him into waves this upcoming summer- got him a board shaped out of my first board. Just trying to give you a place to start your grom.

My wife and I both surf. With a little bambino on the way, we will just have to work around it! C'est la vie and always keep surfing!

One thing I must say personally, I have a buddy that has a girlfriend, they might as well be married. But everytime I call my boy to go surf he has to drag along his "wife" (girlfriend) and it kinda pisses me off. Just being able to sit out there with ur boys and enjoy it is enough for me. I dont need his GF or Wife paddling around too. Idk maybe I have beef with this girl. But when I think surfing I think me and my boys and no distractions..... Complete Bliss!

Cheers!

When things started to get serious with my girl, I told her straight up "DONT EVER GET IN THE WAY OF MY SURFING OR FISHING". She said ok and she has never once told me I can't go or acted like a jackhole because I went. These 2 thing are VERY important to me and she understood. They are both the same in that I will be gone all day, whether its to the East Coast or offshore 50 miles. If you make it clear in the beginning, then things will go smooth, as long as she remembers she agreed. Hell shes from PR and she doesnt say a word when I go for 2 weeks every January, she trusts me and I trust her so its all good. 10 years in and a super 7 year old grom later, life is great. A good woman indeed!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    if deciding to get married relies on weather or not the person is a surfer then you may not be ready to get married.
    Thats a great point Peajay