LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here's a link with some good prices. Also check Ebay.
    http://www.departmentofgoods.com/xce...wetsuit-womens

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    There are also short zippers on the ankle.
    This sounds like a dive suit... totally different animal from a surf suit. Go to a surf shop now and try for an older model on sale to make room for the new models.

I do that every time I need a new suit. Saves bucks and you get the best fit - as long as the shop person is knowledgeable.

Images
    Hey Betty- I would totally look into getting a new 3/2 with taped and glues seams. most of the major surfing name brand are taped these days, but make sure to double check. If you want to save money and see a suit you like on the internet, go to a local shop and try on different sizes from the same suit company to ensure correct fit. it sounds like that 3/2 that you have is an older style more suited toward diving vs surfing. you will notice a huge change in warmth, weight and flex with the correct suit.

with a suit that is properly taped and sealed- it will feel like you don't even get wet under the suit! Huge difference in warmth!

Try this site- they have sales once in a while- http://www.dogfunk.com/womens-wetsuits

its encouraging to hear that your enjoying surfing!

whiskeymilitia.com. The site only has one deal at a time so you need to keep your eyes peeled. Try backcountry.com and dogfunk.com also. You can score a great deal occasionally. Or just google 'cheap wetsuits' and start hunting!! Good luck.

When checking to see if seams are taped, be sure to turn the suite completely inside out. Many times only the first few inches of the sleeve or leg seams are taped. The rest of the seam is glued only. So if you just turn the opening inside out, it appears as if the seam is taped, but it may not be. If the seam is fully taped, you'll pay a bit more, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth the extra cost.

Images
    <-- OCM, 62
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Slender women in 60s get colder than others !
    Now THAT I want to see! Single layer, taped seams (minimal flushing) ultra flexible is the route to go Betty. The problem will likely be more the air temps than the water temps. Whisky Militia sometimes has some real bargains. I just picked up a 6/5/4 Xcel Infiniti hooded suit for $199 there.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Oct 18, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

You're awesome Betty.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    When checking to see if seams are taped, be sure to turn the suite completely inside out. Many times only the first few inches of the sleeve or leg seams are taped. The rest of the seam is glued only. So if you just turn the opening inside out, it appears as if the seam is taped, but it may not be. If the seam is fully taped, you'll pay a bit more, so it's up to you to decide if it's worth the extra cost.
    Anybody know why Patagonia doesn't tape their seams? Seems like they should for that price.

The best time to buy a suit is at the begining of summer and get deals on last year's version. I suggest going to a shop where you can try some on before you buy rather than the web unless you know sizes for sure. The charts don't always work well. Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    Anybody know why Patagonia doesn't tape their seams? Seems like they should for that price.
    I guess they figure the gluing is good enough and taping will just add to the (very high) cost. I actually have one (only one season old so far) and have had no issues with flushing or leakage. We'll see if stands up to the test of time.