LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking for people to surf with on Long Island through the winter

So I'm new to surfing, just started in August, but am serious about getting good and want to keep at it through the winter. I usually don't have any concerns going out solo but I have some reservations about going out by myself as it gets colder having never surfed in the winter before. I am very much a beginner and am looking for other beginners to intermediate surfers, really anybody who has surfed here in the winter before. I'm 26 (your age doesn't matter to me) and live in Stony Brook. I usually go to Gilgo but am open to other breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mike228 View Post
    So I'm new to surfing, just started in August, but am serious about getting good and want to keep at it through the winter. I usually don't have any concerns going out solo but I have some reservations about going out by myself as it gets colder having never surfed in the winter before. I am very much a beginner and am looking for other beginners to intermediate surfers, really anybody who has surfed here in the winter before. I'm 26 (your age doesn't matter to me) and live in Stony Brook. I usually go to Gilgo but am open to other breaks.
    Just go to Gilgo. Any day its rideable you will find people to surf with. Plenty of people surf all winter long. Be friendly, learn the rules, make small talk, dont be afraid to ask questions and you will make friends. Know your limits and stay on the beach if you think it might be beyond your abilities.

Mike, i'm headed down there sunday morning, looks a lil choppy but big, maybe i'll see ya

I surf all winter. This is my first winter on Long Island though and have been generally surfing long beach since September.

Just so you guys know, there dredging at gilgo, it might be time to find a new spot.

dude, these days, you will have no problem surfing with people in the winter.

hey i started the first week of sept and am going to be on long island all winter. Id be down to go im right in smithtown

Images
    haha no way im right in smithtown too! waves were decent today at smiths! possibly going out to rober moses field 2 tommorow eeeaarrllyyy

That's where I'm going tomorrow. I'll be there for sunrise see you there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    That's where I'm going tomorrow. I'll be there for sunrise see you there
    haha the break toward to east end of it is betterr!