LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    well first of all the forecast was for 3 feet and clean, that warrants a look in my book. after checking it out it most definitely was not 3 feet. pretty small and week. but conditions were clean so I paddled out and surfed anyway. when most spots are flat at high tide when the swell is small on long island, I got a nice little spot that breaks. wasn't great, only surfed an hour but I had fun. I don't get why people bag on people for surfing the small stuff on this forum. a surfing forum
    anything rideable and clean is good in my book! i went out at smiths for 3 hours, nothing amazing but fun waist high a frames, so while OLDSOUL was at home, BASSMON and i were catching waves. simple as that

Wow guys. Double over ankle A-frames... at Smith's of all places. Something has to compensate for the loss of the last Roy Rogers. It will never be the same out there.... now all we have is Sunil Kumar Roy, and he sells banners, not burgers.

l almost DP'ed the west end before work this morning, but I figured the high tide was gonna kill it.

Did any of you make it out on Sunday? I'm curious as to how you easterners fared... it was pretty savage at Rockaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    There's something touching aboot New York surfers coming together...........
    lol im goin through this thread and thinking dam these nyorkers sure are friendly.wish it was like that in nj.

I surfed a bit nj in the early pm round 1,little 2-3footers peeling perfect on an outside sandbar at one of my spots that got dredged in the summer.good to see its starting to come back to life,usually 2-3 ft would just be shorebreak on dry sand.its been a good winter so far,almost as good as last year

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Did any of you make it out on Sunday? I'm curious as to how you easterners fared... it was pretty savage at Rockaway.
    I was at the beach for sunrise, I had some things I had to do so I only had a few hours to surf in the morning. Looked pretty messy. A lot of closeouts, waves breaking inside, outside and all over. I did see a gem or two roll through. Checked another spot and it was complete garbage. Went home and half way through the day I was kicking myself for not paddling out at the first spot.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    I surfed a bit nj in the early pm round 1,little 2-3footers peeling perfect on an outside sandbar at one of my spots that got dredged in the summer.good to see its starting to come back to life,usually 2-3 ft would just be shorebreak on dry sand.its been a good winter so far,almost as good as last year
    Bro you gotta take a trip to Belmar,NJ!

#headhighalldayeveryday

Images
    #Belmarbrotherlylove

Went out to the Hamptons and surfed for an hour by a jetty. The outer bar was insane but inside was about waist to shoulder. It wasnok until the wind went dead west.

Images
    Wow guys. Double over ankle A-frames... at Smith's of all places. Something has to compensate for the loss of the last Roy Rogers. It will never be the same out there.... now all we have is Sunil Kumar Roy, and he sells banners, not burgers.

l almost DP'ed the west end before work this morning, but I figured the high tide was gonna kill it.

tried to paddle out at longbeach and got stuffed for 20 mins

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultersurfer View Post
    tried to paddle out at longbeach and got stuffed for 20 mins
    Stuffed... Yeah... I took a beating. Felt as stuffed as a gay surfer on a heavy day of pounding.... know what I mean?

I made it outside eventually but there was a stiff price to pay, and I didn't get much for that price outside of some duck dive practice. I saw a snapped Al Merrick in a garbage can. I'm told it was not the only one snapped that day...

Where was MFitz?