LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks for the perspectives. I forgot that pulling out of the wave would create a snowball.

I wasn't really creeped by the guy or anything...when I realized he was vibin me I just turned away and thought "oh so that guy's a d-bag." Fortunately I don't encounter such characters too often, and all the people I know who surf are extra chill (friends as well as acquaintances from the breaks), so I guess I let the guard down a little and forgot there are in fact a$$holes out there. Duly noted.

As for "waiting in line" perhaps I stated that too literally. It was particularly crowded over the weekend, and when I got out there, it seemed like people were paddling out, waiting for a few to go by before going for one themselves, etc. Not quite taking tickets at a deli status, but some degree of order.

Lee, your proactive approach of getting in the guy's way at the takeoff zone is funny, or the dude who talked about shadowing the guy...but I'll reserve that for when I get better and my skills can back up the attitude/save it for worse offenders -- it seems like there is a spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Man, I don't think you did anything wrong and probably shouldn't have said anything. I noticed you're in SoCal, in which case there are just a larger number off B=======D's in the water at any given time.
    Haha yeah we have our share of ****s out here, though I feel like the east coast does too, just different styles of douchery

Quote Originally Posted by shablagoo View Post
    Thanks for the perspectives. I forgot that pulling out of the wave would create a snowball.

I wasn't really creeped by the guy or anything...when I realized he was vibin me I just turned away and thought "oh so that guy's a d-bag." Fortunately I don't encounter such characters too often, and all the people I know who surf are extra chill (friends as well as acquaintances from the breaks), so I guess I let the guard down a little and forgot there are in fact a$$holes out there. Duly noted.

As for "waiting in line" perhaps I stated that too literally. It was particularly crowded over the weekend, and when I got out there, it seemed like people were paddling out, waiting for a few to go by before going for one themselves, etc. Not quite taking tickets at a deli status, but some degree of order.

Lee, your proactive approach of getting in the guy's way at the takeoff zone is funny, or the dude who talked about shadowing the guy...but I'll reserve that for when I get better and my skills can back up the attitude/save it for worse offenders -- it seems like there is a spectrum.

Haha yeah we have our share of ****s out here, though I feel like the east coast does too, just different styles of douchery
    Well don't go away feeling too innocent... you teetered very closely to breaking a surfing etiquette rule... But I think that you are one of the good guys who was caught up in situation that could have been worse..... just like my situation..

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    sounds more like someone's excuse for not catching waves.
    hahah this. dont be lazy whoever has the best position gets the wave.