LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Underforecasted this morning; Great swell!

I'm already in, tired, and beat. Waves at the jetty I was at in monmouth county were expected to be 4 feet shoulder high but most were 2-3 feet overhead. Great morning. As far as the other breaks on that beach were concerned, everything came in around head high.

It seems ground swell is often underforecasted on this site. Which is fine and much better than overforecasted. Just letting the mod know my observations.
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Oct 18, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

i disagree forecast was spot on and I live by standout spots.

Barrels for me and the guys around me on the inside. Not too shabby especially in VB despite the abrupt slam on that first one haha. I didn't believe it myself until someone said something. GET ON IT

I didn't surf my brains out this AM and I'm definitely not going again this PM. I did not get any sick, overhead, throaty barrels. And the wind was most definitely not almost perfect. THERE ARE NO WAVES IN SE NC, STAY HOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I didn't surf my brains out this AM and I'm definitely not going again this PM. I did not get any sick, overhead, throaty barrels. And the wind was most definitely not almost perfect. THERE ARE NO WAVES IN SE NC, STAY HOME!!!!
    Yeah Topsail was def not fun as hell this morn. I did not get any good chest to head high waves, no clean slashable faces or fun little barrels. Listen to Erock and stay away from NC like the plague!

It was horrible everywhere today, especially this evening, just flat out horrible I tell ya

Images
    yo bro Ryan- you always get the sweet pics!!! But you are right, it looks flat to me, i wouldn't paddle out... Yesterday was ng- i couldn't even get rides all the way to the beach!

Images
    Fun all day yesterday...these are from the morning.

I hate work.

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    I hate work.
    Ditto. Hopefully there is still something around Friday.