LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Underforecasted this morning; Great swell!

I'm already in, tired, and beat. Waves at the jetty I was at in monmouth county were expected to be 4 feet shoulder high but most were 2-3 feet overhead. Great morning. As far as the other breaks on that beach were concerned, everything came in around head high.

It seems ground swell is often underforecasted on this site. Which is fine and much better than overforecasted. Just letting the mod know my observations.
    Last edited by ThatSlyB; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:30 AM.

i disagree forecast was spot on and I live by standout spots.

Barrels for me and the guys around me on the inside. Not too shabby especially in VB despite the abrupt slam on that first one haha. I didn't believe it myself until someone said something. GET ON IT

I didn't surf my brains out this AM and I'm definitely not going again this PM. I did not get any sick, overhead, throaty barrels. And the wind was most definitely not almost perfect. THERE ARE NO WAVES IN SE NC, STAY HOME!!!!

I hate work.

Bwahahahahaha VB 1st Jetty webcam!

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    I hate work.
    Ditto. Hopefully there is still something around Friday.

Na na na na na na, I scored a jetty all by myself this AM. I showed no surf etiquette at all. I dropped in on myself, ditched my board, sat way outside of myself, gave myself stink eye... Now I'm gonna take a dump and use my flush-able wipes. Kids at school, wife at work, had a decent session. Now I might just "rough up the suspect" to top it all off. Picked the right day for going to work on the late shift.

HAha it was packed at the Jetty by 6:15. That's the only break in town and where everyone should be!

Images
    i counted 36 people at 1st st two seconds ago. i went up to 55th with a few buds and got some smaller yet just as good surf. definetly fun and a bit bigger than forecasted. it was pretty cold this morning, upper 40s/low 50s so i took out the 4/3. wow am i out of shape. shoulders are tore up