LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Double overhead next weekend Ft Pierce FL?

Am looking at forecast which says double overhead next Saturday Oct 26--WTF? Can that be true? Is it those two invests in Caribean and Atlantic? Too big for me and the long board. At best I would have to ride white water. ... But def will be out there watching the kids at the inlet killing this waves.

I think there is a tropical system developing. They are talking about it affecting our weather on the gulf next week, swellinfo will be on top of it I'm sure.

Images
    Isnt it nice Betty, the last 2 months have been incredible, been surfing at least 3 times a week, mother nature has been redeeming herself from the dismal summer we have had, this whole week there are going to be waves....wooohooo!!!

Yes, we have been so loving it! I coulda done with less wind though yesterday as it made it kinda sloppy out there. But I did have a few nice long rides when the waves occasionally actually peeled left (she says with a dreamy look in her eye) although I coulda done without the leash around my neck in a big wipeout.

good luck finding a spot that can hold double overhead

Maybe Sebastian Inlet? I will ask around the experienced surfers.

Sebastian can, but the only places I know that could hold that size is Ponce inlet, New Smyrna, Sebastian and reef road and Sunglow Pier depending the tide.

At double overhead you need a bottom that will allow the wave to peel. Most east coast beach break will just be a huge wall of closeout whitewater at that size.

Images
    i know where i can go....
    my avatar is a hint!
    Last edited by 757surfer; Oct 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    i know where i can go....
    my avatar is a hint!
    mavs? how can all you turkeyticklers hype a swell a week early?