LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Not to be an alarmist, but I wouldn't do this kind of training with nobody around. If you push yourself a little too far with hypoxic training, you black out and drown.
    we always have 2 guards on and i let them know what i am doing. i always get a weird look when i do it haha. doing things like this really enforces the surfing is a lifestyle idea. all the gurds i work with dont surf and they think i am crazy for surfing in the winter and holding my breath and swimming like i do.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    written by a true koooooooooooooook.
    HAHAHAHA coming from the guy living in New York? Your not even allowed to call yourself a surfer. Did you really use the word Kook? People on this site are such a joke. If you live in the North East then you suck at surfing and the waves you surf suck. Time to wake up buddy, If you want to be a real surfer move out here to California with the big boys. You surfing waist high crap once a month does not count as being a surfer. Being called a kook by you is a compliment because your so out of touch with the surfing world. Go to Surfline today and whats the first story? Good to Epic Southern California? When was the last time your local breaks eve said Good? Never? OK thanks! Oh look time for me to go surf AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    we always have 2 guards on and i let them know what i am doing. i always get a weird look when i do it haha. doing things like this really enforces the surfing is a lifestyle idea. all the gurds i work with dont surf and they think i am crazy for surfing in the winter and holding my breath and swimming like i do.
    Cool - from what you wrote earlier, I thought maybe you were completely alone.

Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    HAHAHAHA coming from the guy living in New York? Your not even allowed to call yourself a surfer. Did you really use the word Kook? People on this site are such a joke. If you live in the North East then you suck at surfing and the waves you surf suck. Time to wake up buddy, If you want to be a real surfer move out here to California with the big boys. You surfing waist high crap once a month does not count as being a surfer. Being called a kook by you is a compliment because your so out of touch with the surfing world. Go to Surfline today and whats the first story? Good to Epic Southern California? When was the last time your local breaks eve said Good? Never? OK thanks! Oh look time for me to go surf AGAIN
    Kook. taking out your banana board??? lol.

...stay in your smog filled dome of southern california ya freak, east coast doesn't get as spoiled as much as you but i hope your far away when its reeling over here.

1) You watch your mouth when talking about Woody
    2) You live in Ocean City Maryland, so the majority of the surfing world (California, Hawaii, OZ, Ect) think your a wannabe. The waves in Ocean City suck and the lineup are empty compared to any real wave in the world. You sound ridiculous calling people wannabes.

Totally true... Harrelson is the man!

Being called out by the guy with longboard gopro must hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    Totally true... Harrelson is the man!
    Truth. Always at Coachella, always willing to burn one. Super cool dude; just a regular guy. Don't know if he surfs or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by richp12 View Post
    ...stay in your smog filled dome of southern california ya freak
    We call that ambiance and it makes for gorgeous sunsets. Also, there are women in bikinis on the beach in February instead of snow. You are welcome to visit anytime. I recommend Anaheim and North.
    ~Just Another Freak in the Freak Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Truth. Always at Coachella, always willing to burn one. Super cool dude; just a regular guy. Don't know if he surfs or not though.
    Wait did you really get to chill with him at Coachella? Cause if so that is awesome.... What was the situation?

Also about 'Chasing Mavericks'... This http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-16226643.html article about Butler going to the hospital for the night shows a little of how intense it is and how hardcore the surfer(s) there really are/were.

I can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    Wait did you really get to chill with him at Coachella? Cause if so that is awesome.... What was the situation?
    Ran into him and a whole crew he was hanging with back in '03 and '04 (pixies n radiohead, KILLED IT!). They had a camper converted to run on bio-diesel. Real cool scene. I was slinging my hand blown glass in the lot in '03 and hooked him up with a piece that first year and he had it and remembered me the 2nd. Haven't been to a music festival, well since '04 thinking about it. Kids and responsibilities and what not. Funny how time plays tricks on the memory; I was thinking that was all much more recent when I wrote the first post, maybe he doesn't go anymore, that was a minute ago now. Friends did see him in '05 & '06. I don't really get to go to too many concerts anymore, maybe when the kids are a little older. These days it's more free, Summer, family concerts in the park type crap. Real tame compared to following Phish when I was in my early 20's. Damn, I'm getting old, I remember seeing the Dead.