LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I will give up the secret spot! There is this place in SC called Folly Beach with a break named washouts. It is perfectly suited to hold up to 20ft swell and no matter what wind direction it will be glassy cause it rocks there!

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I will give up the secret spot! There is this place in SC called Folly Beach with a break named washouts. It is perfectly suited to hold up to 20ft swell and no matter what wind direction it will be glassy cause it rocks there!
    I've heard of this Folly Beach you speak of. Swellinfo's own zaGaffer moved to the east coast from CA simply for this premier big wave spot.

Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    I've heard of this Folly Beach you speak of. Swellinfo's own zaGaffer moved to the east coast from CA simply for this premier big wave spot.
    Couldn't hack it, took one look, got skeered and me an my emu, Jak Collins strapped the WaveJet back to the Yaks on top of the Lex. Shoved ol' Jak's head through the sunroof and headed back towards the sunset.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I drive 4 hours just to have the priviledge of surfing there every weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by wave1rider65 View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I drive 4 hours just to have the priviledge of surfing there every weekend!!
    Sweet bro lets hit it this weekend. I'll bring the jet skis you bring the V1 suit. I heard Dorian, Larid and all the big wave boys are making the flight to Charleston for this epic event.

You're going to surf 8 foot swell with NE wind blowing over 15 mph? God speed, sir. Pick any break, I'm sure they'll all be equally blown out and dangerous

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    Do people not understand the role wind direction and wind speed play? The wind will be 20kts NE. That is the worst wind possible and the waves will be awful. Maybe like Monday or Tuesday will be good once everything calms down. "Most likely all the breaks will be firing"...Jesus
    that's the key question: what day is the clean-up? those of us who are scheming to get out of work need to know...

I think the clean-up will be mid-week (Tues-Wed) next week, depending on how fast this storm moves up through the Atlantic.

With the best hours of surf between 9am -5pm... I know, that sux

Images
    ok, it looks like the swell drops off on Tuesday but it never really cleans up with any size left. so, if you were in SE NC and had one day off next week, which day would you want?

Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    Do people not understand the role wind direction and wind speed play? The wind will be 20kts NE. That is the worst wind possible and the waves will be awful. Maybe like Monday or Tuesday will be good once everything calms down. "Most likely all the breaks will be firing"...Jesus
    Emerald Isle will be the place to be with these winds. Should be going off there if these winds do what they say.