LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    ok, it looks like the swell drops off on Tuesday but it never really cleans up with any size left. so, if you were in SE NC and had one day off next week, which day would you want?
    I would prob do Monday and head to EI or Holden beach for the best winds.

Images
    damnnnnnn...that gfs model is looking nasty bros. gonna be spankin the SE coasts. It's not looking good here in va beach, ne/nnw winds for most of the swell. any place where nw winds are semi/offshore should benefit.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    damnnnnnn...that gfs model is looking nasty bros. gonna be spankin the SE coasts. It's not looking good here in va beach, ne/nnw winds for most of the swell. any place where nw winds are semi/offshore should benefit.
    yea the winds are the bad part for most of the east coast. i hope my friend gets his truck fixed. if so, we're going exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    yea the winds are the bad part for most of the east coast. i hope my friend gets his truck fixed. if so, we're going exploring!
    gotta find that shelter if that will even help with the big helping of slop we're in store for.

Images
    ft story in va beach might be getting some...chesa bay surfing baby. looks like the swell will be entering the bay wink wink winkin!

South faceing beaches prob best and hold more size. There could be a few windows that open up for some fun surf.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    Frisco/Ocracoke/Cape Lookout are the only spots I can think of anywhere close to here...

quick question about this storm: Will this increase water temps, or will they stay around the same?

Oh and one more thing: Are storms like this better if they are closer, or farther from shore? Would swell period increase if the storm was closer or farther? How would it being closer affect the winds?

(Sorry didnt know where else to find this info)

i hope it holds for RI, sunday might be heaven