LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wetsuit rental in nyc

Does anyone know where I could rent a wetsuit in nyc? I can't seem to find any place to rent a wetsuit in long beach or far rockaway. Also, how crowded are peaks when there is good swell in October in these areas? As of September things were still pretty crowded, not summer level crowds, but are the crowds starting to die out now that it is getting colder?

Who wants to rent a peed-in wetsuit? Especially when you can buy a great 3/2 for a buck fifty these days?

Yeah rented tuxs are bad enough but a suit that was right up on some strangers junk, no thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jchafard View Post
    Who wants to rent a peed-in wetsuit? Especially when you can buy a great 3/2 for a buck fifty these days?
    Where could I get a cheap one in the area besides ebay? With ebay I am just nervous it won't ship on time for the swell.

go to any surf shop... The cheapest suit will be better than what you could rent... I didn't know you could actually rent a wet suit.,.. That's disgusting... Another dudes sweat and piss???

it would have to be dire circumstances for me to put on another man's wetsuit. you can def pick up an sti that way

Is there really that much difference between renting a wetsuit and buying a used one? Seems like every day on here someone posts up used wetsuits for sale and people dont freak out about the fact that every used wetsuit has been pissed in and ball-rubbed on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    go to any surf shop...
    Definitely support your local shop over the online giant. Most shops have wetsuit packages & a lot will match prices.

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    it would have to be dire circumstances for me to put on another man's wetsuit. you can def pick up an sti that way
    Wouldn't that technically be called a "WTD"?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Is there really that much difference between renting a wetsuit and buying a used one? Seems like every day on here someone posts up used wetsuits for sale and people dont freak out about the fact that every used wetsuit has been pissed in and ball-rubbed on the inside.
    Yes I would never buy a used wetsuit either unless it was from a friend or family member I knew and trusted they did not have a UTI, STD or other nasty junk. Even then I think I would have lysol that thing or something.