LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    its gonna suck in vb till about tuesday. the nnw winds are no bueno here. looks good in southern jerz tho. i do hope we get some rad weather conditions. I have always been a weather buff wannabe storm chaser.

Images
    I am sure a few people will go "Brody" during this swell.

Images
    I'm still not good enough for overhead waves. I can go out in chest high surf and actually catch and ride some. This might be too much for me - but I'll have a blast watching everyone else take off!

stoked for a clean-up day afterwards..

its gonna suck in vb till about tuesday. the nnw winds are no bueno here. looks good in southern jerz tho. i do hope we get some rad weather conditions. I have always been a weather buff wannabe storm chaser.
    No way! The only and I do mean only advantage (discounting the closeness to OBX) of being a VB surfer is the abundance of places to surf when its OH to DOH victory at sea...literally miles and miles of protected spots. If you sit out 3 days of a swell waiting for a cleanup...well your sitting out 3 days of shredable surf ...go explore.

Me too man !! I'm hoping sandbridge has some good mail coming in !!

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    ...literally miles and miles of protected spots. If you sit out 3 days of a swell waiting for a cleanup...well your sitting out 3 days of shredable surf ...go explore.
    ... Really? Every time the wind is offshore around here, it gets pretty nasty fast. Not sure where along the VB oceanfront you'd call "protected" from an offshore northerly wind blowing at over 30mph ... Maybe Croatan?

Quote Originally Posted by jasorod View Post
    ... Really? Every time the wind is offshore around here, it gets pretty nasty fast. Not sure where along the VB oceanfront you'd call "protected" from an offshore northerly wind blowing at over 30mph ... Maybe Croatan?
    explore the bay from buckroe to the back river. you'll find something fun.

^ +1
    some memorable sessions while everyone else was waiting out the storm ...stand up barrels '98 or '99... shoots... side/on oceanview can be fun and descent size in those conditions.... stand up barrels at the BBT '02 & '06.... fort story super lined up shredfest '08 or '09... I lived in VB too long...

Literally miles and miles of spots to check....just gotta know what makes 'um work

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    explore the bay from buckroe to the back river. you'll find something fun.
    Oh, I see ... never been surfing in the bay since I'm on the south-side, and I've never thought of a swell getting that far in the bay ... I'd be curious to see what the conditions are like there over the weekend ...