LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    There are also rumors of Northern areas of the bay which break in the right conditions as well......

Quote Originally Posted by jasorod View Post
    Oh, I see ... never been surfing in the bay since I'm on the south-side, and I've never thought of a swell getting that far in the bay ... I'd be curious to see what the conditions are like there over the weekend ...
    it's worth taking a look...

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/North_...iew/index.html

^ Dang. They made that too easy... o well ...few if no one who doesn't already surf it will drive 45 mins from VB. Besides I think I have a lifetime check to surf ratio for mike's point of like 4 to 1 ie. 80% of the time even when conditions are seemingly right you get skunked.

Stoked about the possibility of riding Sandy and getting some long lon rides. Concerned that it will rip up our beaches at Chincoteague and give the NWR an excuse for closing down our beach.

Quote Originally Posted by jasorod View Post
    ... Really? Every time the wind is offshore around here, it gets pretty nasty fast. Not sure where along the VB oceanfront you'd call "protected" from an offshore northerly wind blowing at over 30mph ... Maybe Croatan?
    offshore????????????

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    ^ +1
    some memorable sessions while everyone else was waiting out the storm ...stand up barrels '98 or '99... shoots... side/on oceanview can be fun and descent size in those conditions.... stand up barrels at the BBT '02 & '06.... fort story super lined up shredfest '08 or '09... I lived in VB too long...

Literally miles and miles of spots to check....just gotta know what makes 'um work
    i heard oceanview may be good and i work at ft story...sheetim the popo at ft story. ill give myself official access to the waters lol