LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Surfing In Long Beach

I will be in Brooklyn, NY for a concert on friday night and will be staying through the weekend, and missing awesome surf back home further south. I will be leaving Sunday morning and driving back but am going to stop on the way back at Long Beach to catch some surf. How cold is the water? and Was wondering if anyone would be willing to surf with me or let me surf with them, its always more fun to surf with someone than alone.

I'm in RI. went last wk with a 3/2 and booties might get away without the booties though. Sunday is looking good lets keep our fingers crossed.

stay in brooklyn or go home, dont come here

you certainly won't be surfing alone in long beach this weekend...

It is an awesome place to invest a midday to get away from the bustle of the town. Its mostly a naturalized place just like natural areas further northern in West Chester. As a garden and beach area, I choose Brooklyn's. It's smaller and more official, yet nevertheless more wonderful and attractive.
    racing accessories
    Last edited by Brad52; Aug 14, 2013 at 06:28 AM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by djg8374 View Post
    I will be in Brooklyn, NY for a concert on friday night and will be staying through the weekend, and missing awesome surf back home further south. I will be leaving Sunday morning and driving back but am going to stop on the way back at Long Beach to catch some surf. How cold is the water? and Was wondering if anyone would be willing to surf with me or let me surf with them, its always more fun to surf with someone than alone.
    I wouldnt worry about surfing alone in Long Beach during a swell... lol.

no............................

water is still warm... 3/2 will be fine. Maybe booties if its real cold out, but I havn't worn them yet

3/2. No booties needed...yet

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    water is still warm... 3/2 will be fine. Maybe booties if its real cold out, but I havn't worn them yet
    I must be a wuss. Have been wearing booties for a week now, and putting on my 4/3 if air is cold (dawn patrol). This past weekend got me thinking about gloves.