LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Ireland

Hybrid View

Images

Ireland

Curious if anyone on here has ever tried a surf trip to Ireland. Ive been looking into it for a possible winter trip and found decent airfare prices, seems like a hell of an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongegnar View Post
    Curious if anyone on here has ever tried a surf trip to Ireland. Ive been looking into it for a possible winter trip and found decent airfare prices, seems like a hell of an adventure.
    Not sure if you've seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD0Z0sodqhA

It's not Ireland, but it's not far from it either.

Images
    Ireland is awesome, I went there last summer, but not for a surf trip. It will be a great trip, but I wouldn't go in the winter, because there won't be much daylight hours as Ireland is very far north. Think about planning a trip there in the fall or spring time.

Ireland is really a best place for travel. Ireland in winter is bloody cool.

legendjim who sometimes comes on here used to live there. Hopefully he will chime in.

Images
    Rent an RV and plan on doing a lot of driving. Huge tidal swings cause spots to turn on and off within a few hours. I surfed near Easky one day. Wasn't there on a surf trip but had brought my stuff anyway. Got a really fun right hander with only a couple of other guys out. The ocean and water temps aren't much colder than the NJ area, although the rain might get old after a while.

Agree with swellinfo. Biggest waves in winter but with 6-7 hrs of light and most likely howling onshores your best bet is Sep/Oct or Mar/Apr. Summer can be flat except for a random swell. I would defo say April is the best month for a trip. Waves consistent enough, long days and occasional offshore spells. Oh yeah and the tides are huge most everywhere. Upside is the possibilities of finding a wave to yourself are boundless.

Oh yeah and we have this:
    http://swellseekers.ie/home/article/...iffs-of-moher/