Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Man, I didn't see your post before I wrote that Mr. Rouen

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    CB = Carolina Beach, NC. They're talking about a new proposed development on a sizeable piece of land that has laid fallow for years due to a developer's bankruptcy. I don't know the details, but I think there was a zoning issue and maybe some other local government involvement and/or lack thereof that has affected the land's development.
    Not really following you on the "new proposed development" & "bankruptcy" claims. Carolina Beach's history dates back to the 1800's. Fort Fisher (the southern most section of PI) played an integral role in the Civil War, as did the surrounding area (KB, Snow's Cut & CB) - there is a lot of history here that should not be written off. Unfortunately, I work in Wilmington; otherwise, I would never leave. I can walk/bike everywhere & there is a very good vibe around town. Plus, Fat Pelican is in Carolina Beach - enough said.

3. Green party *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You gonna trust these deush bags from congress \

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Not really following you on the "new proposed development" & "bankruptcy" claims. Carolina Beach's history dates back to the 1800's. Fort Fisher (the southern most section of PI) played an integral role in the Civil War, as did the surrounding area (KB, Snow's Cut & CB) - there is a lot of history here that should not be written off. Unfortunately, I work in Wilmington; otherwise, I would never leave. I can walk/bike everywhere & there is a very good vibe around town. Plus, Fat Pelican is in Carolina Beach - enough said.
    I'm speaking specifically about the land that once was Jubilee Park and the reasons the land was never developed after they demolished the park. I'm not sure how, but it seems you took it as a slight towards the history of the area--not my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'm speaking specifically about the land that once was Jubilee Park and the reasons the land was never developed after they demolished the park. I'm not sure how, but it seems you took it as a slight towards the history of the area--not my intent.
    I totally overlooked that one - sorry about that one. The Jubilee saga is pretty unfortunate. A northern real estate mogul purchased the land in hopes of developing the land. Project discussions ranged from an amusement park to a condominium complex. Well, the original purchaser died, leaving his beneficiaries a sizable monetary estate & the land. Unfortunately, the family has little interest in developing the land and they want an overinflated premium for it - it is basically untouchable. So now, the area looks like a ghost town and the old Food Lion shopping center is no more. The Ferris (Jubilee) family was so proud of their attraction. It's a shame that it's turned into what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    NICE!! I have Common Sense on the Kindle
    your boy is currently reading it as we speak. The REAL T-Paine is my boy.

The stadium proposition is ridiculous also. Erock i'm on your side.

and dlrouen, I just can't wait until trader joe's and chipotle open. even though they couldnt have picked a worse spot for trader joes being at s. college and orelander

Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    and dlrouen, I just can't wait until trader joe's and chipotle open. even though they couldnt have picked a worse spot for trader joes being at s. college and orelander
    I'm pretty pumped for Trader Joe's & Chipotle too. I'll be making the drive.

"It's not your vote that counts, it's who counts your vote"

Joseph Stalin

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    for CB'ers - 4 pm Saturday off the end of Tiki Bar - 6'-8' and pretty clean:
    "dude i bet you cant do an air over the pilings man.."