LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Images

Sandy all inclusive thread

post all sandy info in this thread to eliminate the clutter.

just checked out the cocoa beach cams.....**** is going offffff

Images
    ocean is angry out there today. cant imagine what sunday will be like. but you know if/when the wind switches offshore monday or tuesday, you'll know where to find me

i'll be spending today bringing in or tying down porch furniture & otherwise battening the hatches...just hope the opwer doesn't go out!

Long branch NJ Monmouth county checking in.... getting grey and light winds nothing more as of yet. Im 2 blocks in from the beach and will not be evacuating!!! \m/ O..o \m/ Hoping for another irene situation of waking up to epic conditions (crosses fingers while knocking on wood) Ill keep posting as the storm comes through on this or a new thread if its burried.

As excited as I am for the possibility of swell, this track is no good...could potentially ruin a lot of breaks in the mid-atlantic. Be careful, use your brains...if your inexperienced, stay out of the water! Hopefully, there will be a clean-up and the winds won't be too strong, but as of now, 40 mph offshore winds is going to be pretty tricky to get slotted in.

Images
    i think we will be good down here in vb, the models keep taking it further north. we will probably get around 4 inches of rain and some gusty winds but i think that will be it. it really depends on these heavy rain bands and if they stay stationary.

i wish you the best of luck jersey through nyc. that beach erosion will be massive. My buddy in OCNJ says the north end is already effed and will be double effed after this storm. you can see some erosion already taking place on the croatan cam. hopefully it sets up some epic bars.

thanks guys, hoping for the best and safety is the first thought in mind for all the locals..... Please do be smart, "its not tragic to die doing something you love" but it is tragic to die being a Fu( |{ ! ng ra-tard

Belmar surf is small and a bit choppy Sat at 11.am. Scheduled swell to build into afternoon with winds still from East....My guess is Thursday of next week will be Prime!!!!!

Images
    thursday may be blown flat with these hard offshores. its gonna be one of those storms where you watch the flags then go

http://surfchex.com/

Close to Victory at Sea in WB. Went down to the South End to check it. The Inlet point has some chest-high screamers breaking occasionally. The outer bar at Mase is breaking, two kite boarders on it and looks to be about 12'. The cam looks way better than it actually is.