LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johhnyutah View Post
    I heard a rumor that the new bridge at Indian River Inlet, DE was wrecked. Anybody hear about this?

@ Offshore, Holy Crap!
    bridge is still standing....but the surrounding area is a mess.
    hopefully fixing NS will become a much higher priority

Thanks for the update re: Indian River.... Good luck to everyone tonight.... getting pretty hairy out there.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewk529 View Post
    Tropical Tidbits
    Atlantic City, NJ has just smashed its barometric pressure record of 960mb set in March, 1932. The pressure there right now is 954mb and falling.
    ouch - Gov Christie slams AC Mayor Langford live on CNN for ignoring his advice to evacuate off the island. Christie says Langford has people in shelters a block from the bay and it's on his head...

Thanks for the news guys. Looks like WB or Topsail was the place to be. Why do I keep going to ****ty CB? Oh yeah, cuz nobody is down there. But had to work all weekend and Monday! Somebody shoot me!

That special place south of topsail and north of fort fisher was doing its thing...best I've seen it in five years

Quote Originally Posted by wedge1 View Post
    That special place south of topsail and north of fort fisher was doing its thing...best I've seen it in five years
    ha. i heard it wasn't that good sunday

Gnar...not talking about Mase (though it was good all day Sat).

Images
    Damn guys. GREAT updates!

Grantlee- the long lasting effects after these storms range from torn up beaches, ocean front homes destroyed, boardwalks and businesses destroyed, overall morale of the town killed.

Tyrone-JEB Little Creek Ft. Story

VB UPDATE: AI surfed croatan specifically along the camp pendleton base from about 2pm-dark. Started off large and in charge with 6-8ft occ 10ft bombs with hard offshores. A lot of people were actually making the drops despite the hard winds. there were a few rights but mainly lefts due to the north in the wnw winds. the size dropped pretty durastically(as expected) over just a few hours. when i left it was around chest high with occ shoulder sets. the rain has pretty much subsided, and the winds have gone down a little bit. there is moderate flooding in VB but its worse in other areas like Norfolk. I live in the hilltop area and never lost power.

I really wish you all in the dirty jerz the best of luck. I heard ocnj is looking terrible. hopefully njsurfer42 can give us an update soon

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0035971&type=1

Check out Nick Denny Photography's FB page....a couple of guys made it out in OCMD today. Braver than I...

Images
    regarding AC: some good can come out of an event like this, in the long run. in the aftermath, there will be money to rebuild (insurance money, FEMA, federal and state $'s). in the same way that post-Hurricane Andrew $'s built and rebuilt much of So. Florida in the 90's, maybe some of sorely blighted AC can be rebuilt. e.g. those shots of boardwalk pieces floating down the street are from parts of the boardwalk that were long neglected and in disrepair (Maine Ave, for those who know the city). now, maybe things like that might finally get restored.

508efff1373dc.image.jpg