LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 292
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA BEACH
    Posts
    1,364
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnut1018 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0035971&type=1

    Check out Nick Denny Photography's FB page....a couple of guys made it out in OCMD today. Braver than I...
    great shots. that one photo with the guy free falling halfway down that face is insane

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    970
    Images
    2
    screw the city of VB!! super i was also at croatan from 3-dark (got a bunch of good waves despite the winds) and i parked in the municipal lot. Those asshole locked me and like thirty other cars in that lot for at least a half hour. There were men,women, and children in there and they locked the f'in gate on all of us until some ahole cop showed up, yelled at us, and then let us out. can't believe they would lock the gate on so many people in a hurricane and cold weather. freaking dicheads...
    I didnt lose power here down at the oceanfront either surprisingly.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    852
    Images
    1


    F*cking solid.

  4. #184
    Hanna - that's an interesting way to look at it. I don't know if you are aware but there is no money. It is all on credit, on debt to foreign countries expected to be payed off with interest with our competitive standing in the future world market... We are 16+trillion and growing in debt and could mimic a European bankruptcy crisis in the near future. Not trying to throw this thread off, but the best thing to come out of this is waves for the minority we are part of in these circumstances. I hope to get out there again Friday after work in RI!

    Edit: insane picture above...

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    screw the city of VB!! super i was also at croatan from 3-dark (got a bunch of good waves despite the winds) and i parked in the municipal lot. Those asshole locked me and like thirty other cars in that lot for at least a half hour. There were men,women, and children in there and they locked the f'in gate on all of us until some ahole cop showed up, yelled at us, and then let us out. can't believe they would lock the gate on so many people in a hurricane and cold weather. freaking dicheads...
    I didnt lose power here down at the oceanfront either surprisingly.
    Wow, I was out there today ... didn't realize they had locked the lot!

    By the time I left, the gate was open and the officer you mentioned was just waving us over and giving us a scolding, letting us know next time we're going to all get towed for not reading the sign.

    I had no clue the lot closed at 5:30 ... I always surf at 1st, the north-end, or Sandbridge, but Croatan looked so good on Surfline today, I just had to go out. My first paddle-out in a hurricane!

  6. #186
    apparently this is raven lundy in the north end of OC:


  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Posts
    500
    Good on ya 757 & Superfish for gett'n some... Talked to a two VB friends that were being wusses and were waiting it out... although in their defense I think it was quite a but bigger in the AM... I'm no Laird but what ever happened to paddling out through Rudee Inlet when it gets gnarly? No one does it anymore? O well I wanted someone to get sump'n before it drops to waist high tomorrow...ugh... I swear VB is the ball sack of the east coast for waves

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    970
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jasorod View Post
    Wow, I was out there today ... didn't realize they had locked the lot!

    By the time I left, the gate was open and the officer you mentioned was just waving us over and giving us a scolding, letting us know next time we're going to all get towed for not reading the sign.

    I had no clue the lot closed at 5:30 ... I always surf at 1st, the north-end, or Sandbridge, but Croatan looked so good on Surfline today, I just had to go out. My first paddle-out in a hurricane!
    Sick! i hope you got some good ones man. i sure did. Yea i knew they would close the gate but not with so many people there. i wish i hadnt broken my watch last week. i wouldnt have had to worry about it.
    ^^That picture of Raven Lundy... S!@#$T!!!!!!!! THAT IS SICKKKK

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    970
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Good on ya 757 & Superfish for gett'n some... Talked to a two VB friends that were being wusses and were waiting it out... although in their defense I think it was quite a but bigger in the AM... I'm no Laird but what ever happened to paddling out through Rudee Inlet when it gets gnarly? No one does it anymore? O well I wanted someone to get sump'n before it drops to waist high tomorrow...ugh... I swear VB is the ball sack of the east coast for waves
    Yea i looked in the morning but it wasnt really makeable. waited till the afternoon and scored pretty good. and yea VB always gets screwed haha. lucky you stranded got some sick ones in NORFLA. got any pics?

  10. #190
    Holy ****......