LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Images
    I heard that in Bay Head there are gas leaks and the possibility for explosions and they're not letting people on the roads.

Anyone know if Assateague National Park is open tomorrow? Specifically the over sand permit area.

I've dialed the ranger station there, but the line goes dead after one ring. Sounds crazy, but have to wonder if the bay & ocean converged on the buildings out there.

yankee: Let me know if you find out any info on Assateague. Ocean City flooded over, so I'm sure the ocean met the bay down there too, hopefully it didn't wipe out the offroad section.

Hope everybody is OK up north, that was one hell of a storm. Good Luck.

I was up in long branch around 2pm. Definitely some ones coming through. Chest high and glassy. Saw a few little barrels... Would have been super fun if I didn't have the fact that I lost everything in water up to the ceiling on my mind. Gonna be a long road back! Hope everyone is safe

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    yankee: Let me know if you find out any info on Assateague. Ocean City flooded over, so I'm sure the ocean met the bay down there too, hopefully it didn't wipe out the offroad section.

Hope everybody is OK up north, that was one hell of a storm. Good Luck.
    Will do, Koki. Driving over there tomorrow. Will try the Natl Park OSV side, then State side if Natl is shut down.

And ditto what KB said: hope things start to improve for you guys up north.
    One of my best friends lost his house in the carnage at Breezy Pt. And those Mantoloking fires, jeez. A brutal storm from hell.

I hope you guys can get back on your feet right away. You deserve lots of waves and lots of barrels.

Images
    To the people wondering how the waves are in NJ - you must not realize how much debris and raw sewage is floating around in the water right now. Surfing would not be a great idea.

To those who surf in NJ - why don't we all take a little break from surfing and instead volunteer our free time to help cleanup this mess. I may be without power but at least my house is still standing. There are much more important things than waves right now, NJ needs a lot of help.

Volunteer hotline: 1-800-jersey7

See you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    To the people wondering how the waves are in NJ - you must not realize how much debris and raw sewage is floating around in the water right now. Surfing would not be a great idea.

To those who surf in NJ - why don't we all take a little break from surfing and instead volunteer our free time to help cleanup this mess. I may be without power but at least my house is still standing. There are much more important things than waves right now, NJ needs a lot of help.

Volunteer hotline: 1-800-jersey7

See you out there.
    Couldn’t agree more. Anyone who lives in or near any coastal town in NJ is not thinking about surfing right now. I live about 5 min off the island and have seen the damage done on both sides. While me and my neighbors had substantial damage its nothing compared to what happened on the islands. Anyone who can volunteer their help would be greatly appreciated. The video and pics on the news do show the magnitude of what happened but being on the ground and seeing, hearing, & smelling what took place will blow you away. Also, I spoke to one of the CDC people who were accessing health concerns - If you knew what is in the water right now you would stay out for a while till the runoff is done and the ocean has time to clean itself. Thanks to all who are or plan to help out. Take Care and Good Luck.

Hang in there .Been through quite a few..hope everyone gets back on track asap...best of luck recovering from that big *****.

Images
    NOAA has satellite imagery of hurricane damage along the NJ Shore.

Here's the link:

http://storms.ngs.noaa.gov/storms/sandy/