LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

my car.. buried in at sea

a proper burial.
    that car made it back and forth to kauai twice. was swept out to sea last night. Does anyone have experience with this? insurance Co is state farm.

Images
    try the jingle, always works in the commercials! but seriously sorry ma dude sorrry i couldnt help more

I've been on hold for a billion hours.
    I'm not too upset over the car but I do need to drive

State farm is usually pretty good when it comes to handling claims...call your agent

Quote Originally Posted by surftb15 View Post
    a proper burial.
    that car made it back and forth to kauai twice. was swept out to sea last night. Does anyone have experience with this? insurance Co is state farm.
    May I ask how and why your car has been to Kauai 2x?

Hey man, you might want to go hit up a rental agency if there are any open and you really have to get somewhere. I'm dealing with a bunch of financial & software firms in Jersey, D.C. & NY right now who are using duct tape, bailing wire and buckets just trying to keep connectivity up. The biggest issues all day have been with telephone circuits getting overloaded and going down. Or just straight up lack of hardlines. I've got Disaster lists from some real big EC firms that probably won't be lifted this week. There's a bunch of software companies that lost both primary and Disaster Recovery datacenters.

Sorry about your car.

"There's a bunch of software companies that lost both primary and Disaster Recovery datacenters.
    " Actually meant [that lost connectivity to their]
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Oct 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

car boat 1.jpg

Maybe when the in-sewer-ants pony up some cheddar?

if you need any insurance advice, hit me up with a pm....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    May I ask how and why your car has been to Kauai 2x?
    my question exactly....

and btw - you're in Ventnor? did you evac or are you still on the island? i've got some homies in AC but they don't know what downbeach looks like...i grew up in Lower Chelsea - any news would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    my question exactly....

and btw - you're in Ventnor? did you evac or are you still on the island? i've got some homies in AC but they don't know what downbeach looks like...i grew up in Lower Chelsea - any news would be appreciated.
    I actually live right off of the island but left on Sunday... My roommates going back tomorrow and if it's accessible I'll be back down too and let you know then. They keep showing pictures of the north end of the AC boardwalk being destroyed but it's been falling apart for years.

And back to the OP, he's from NY, so I seriously can not think of any possible situation where taking your car there would be practical.