LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fun waves in the Bay

Here is a picture of what we have been surfing for three days in the bay while it was blown out pretty much everywhere else. Tons of fun. I hope everyone is doing better now that the storm is gone! Bay Shackz.jpg

Always fun to surf a spot that's not the Jetty!

yeah, it was... interesting. Lots of submerged sh*t in the water, be careful boys. Falling into an old pier will ruin your session.

Did any of yall score the bay or snap any shots of it? If so post some

Last edited by PumpingDrainerz; Oct 31, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

crazy to think that people on the bay would have surfboards on hand

Nicely done! Was a Bay storm surf proponent for several years... it only happens a hand full of times a year but if you get it good...............

Images
    damn i knew i shouldve checked there.........

How far up do the waves go, has there ever been a storm that would produce even a slight mini swell in the North part of the Bay around Middle River/Essex, MD?

Quote Originally Posted by abbeynormal View Post
    How far up do the waves go, has there ever been a storm that would produce even a slight mini swell in the North part of the Bay around Middle River/Essex, MD?
    Its only at the opening of the mouth of the bay where the groundswell or ocean swells can make its threw and ling up with the short period windswell to make great heavy waves. So the only waves maryland would ever get would be a weak windswell, you can surf it... but it will not be as good. This time was chest to head high with a few sets that could of been bigger with alot of push and tons of barrels, happy hunting!