LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    a few friends and i wanted to go but we were all surrounded by water

I got some "bay waves" although it was more of an inlet. YEW!!!. 200 yard peeling lefts all to myself and my buddies.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeynormal View Post
    How far up do the waves go, has there ever been a storm that would produce even a slight mini swell in the North part of the Bay around Middle River/Essex, MD?
    If there were chest high barrels in Middle River, you bet your ass I would be on them.

surfing the bay

ph1.jpgph3.jpgph4.jpgph5.jpgph2.jpg it is what it is, surfing fun chest high waves in the Chesapeake Bay during a nor'easter. considering the Bridge tunnel to VaBeach and the wildlife refuge on chincoteague were both closed, it was our only option, and it was a good break from the destrction going on all around us. I never would have thought the bay could get waves like this but after the initial aww of sufing in such conditions I started acting like it was a normal surf session in the atlantic. I was trying to get the best possition and working in turns and what not. it wasn't big compared to the seaside, but still unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If there were chest high barrels in Middle River, you bet your ass I would be on them.
    THe only thing I've found to do on a board in the Baltimore Co. area is SUP. But I was wondering since Miller island flooded if there was any tiny waves to play with. Most of the roads are still blocked though.

how far of a paddle from the beach to the peaks??? Pretty cool mysto wave, good on ya guys.

Ah...I checked this spot Sunday morning and it was firing but didn't have my board/suit with me. By the time I got back about 2 hours later, it was blown down to waist high due to the offshores....but man was it nice to get a few in the bay.

I usually surf around that spot six to ten times a year. The barrels are the best part! This last time was one of the best times I have surfed it in six years

Cool pics ! Looks like a fun waist high + wave