LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Images

How many more wannabes. . .?

So, how many more wannabes will be added to the lineup after this one? http://www.livelikejay.com/
    At least it's not Woody Harrelson. . .

As for "I'm", well, this looks pretty good to me, whatever you want to call it:
    Drex Harrington @ 46th St. OCM

Last edited by MDSurfer; Oct 24, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

2. 1) You watch your mouth when talking about Woody
    2) You live in Ocean City Maryland, so the majority of the surfing world (California, Hawaii, OZ, Ect) think your a wannabe. The waves in Ocean City suck and the lineup are empty compared to any real wave in the world. You sound ridiculous calling people wannabes.

untitled.JPG

just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    So, how many more wannabes will be added to the lineup after this one? http://www.livelikejay.com/
    At least it's not Woody Harrelson. . .
    & at least it's not another "north shore". if someone sees this film & is inspired, they can do research on who jay REALLY was & learn the real, non-dramatized version.

one of the creepiest things i experienced in the maldives was talking w/ the guide on the boat one afternoon & mentioning something about jay moriarty dying while diving in the maldives. he said yep, about 70 feet that way & pointed toward the deck of the boat. gave me a chill to realize that i'd been exploring the same section of reef (albeit not as deep) only an hour or so prior.

Images
    Everyone starts out as a wannabe.

Images
    yes, im fairly bummed that this movie could start up another year of crowed lineups ect... people walking around acting like they surf...

BUT i'm actually excited to see the movie... its not just about Mavericks, its about Jay Moriarity! I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in 2001 when he passed away (sadly leaving a wife of only one year) it was fairly big news in the surfing world... and (although I didnt know him personally) he was apparently that type of person that everyone loves. So i'm excited about seeing a documentary on his life!

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    yes, im fairly bummed that this movie could start up another year of crowed lineups ect... people walking around acting like they surf...

BUT i'm actually excited to see the movie... its not just about Mavericks, its about Jay Moriarity! I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in 2001 when he passed away (sadly leaving a wife of only one year) it was fairly big news in the surfing world... and (although I didnt know him personally) he was apparently that type of person that everyone loves. So i'm excited about seeing a documentary on his life!
    Hey! Don't ruin it for me, I don't wanna know how it ends. I haven't even seen Blue Crush yet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Hey! Don't ruin it for me, I don't wanna know how it ends. I haven't even seen Blue Crush yet.
    lol sorry bro... i heard blue crush is a must see btw...

Images
    It's basic dog psychology, if you scare them and get them peeing down their leg, they submit. But if you project weakness, that promotes violence, and that's how people get hurt.

Wannabes? Really?

I don't believe this movie will make your line up more crowded than it already is. If anything, this movie may generate some positive vibes about the surfing community.