LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation O'Neill Cold Water Classic Live

http://www.oneill.com/cwc/?page_id=1946

It's on hold right now but they have the live feed up of the lineup. Should get pretty good when the tide comes in a little more.

Images
    I just got back from Santa Cruz... Unfortunately my trip just missed this event by a few days. Such a cool venue, but hopefully it gets big enough here to really make it a show at Steamer Lane.

For those interested, here is the Santa Cruz Surf Forecast.

contest is up and running for those of us with power...

4. Swung past there today, the venue is pretty cool... but the waves were small and mushy. I caught Big Sur yesterday morning about 2-3 ft over head, so I figured steamer would be showing... regardless I just checked the cam for the contest and it looks a bit better

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    Swung past there today, the venue is pretty cool... but the waves were small and mushy. I caught Big Sur yesterday morning about 2-3 ft over head, so I figured steamer would be showing... regardless I just checked the cam for the contest and it looks a bit better
    Ya, Steamer Lane is an amazing spot, but for a world tour spot, we need it to be like 6-8+

They should have went ahead and moved the venue up to Ocean Beach--this year's back-up location. I bet it was a couple feet overhead there too.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    They should have went ahead and moved the venue up to Ocean Beach--this year's back-up location. I bet it was a couple feet overhead there too.
    fog was so thick yesterday you couldn't even see the line-up in o beach...

Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    fog was so thick yesterday you couldn't even see the line-up in o beach...
    Ha, yeah.. Didn't take that storm system that came through into account.

Lay day today and probably tomorrow too.

Images
    Medina's the most predictable surfer ever. How did his air score higher than Dusty's!!?? If you watch both of them (round 3) Dusty's is so much better. T Knox should have moved on. Tired of watching Medina

Quote Originally Posted by petesmith View Post
    Medina's the most predictable surfer ever. How did his air score higher than Dusty's!!?? If you watch both of them (round 3) Dusty's is so much better. T Knox should have moved on. Tired of watching Medina
    yes, knox was robbed...he must be getting so frustrated, the judges keep pushing through these kids who just flick turns & do the same air over & over, when he's doing proper turns & maintaining the flow of the wave.