LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yes, knox was robbed...he must be getting so frustrated, the judges keep pushing through these kids who just flick turns & do the same air over & over, when he's doing proper turns & maintaining the flow of the wave.
    Im glad someone else feels the same. Also its a right hand point where all the high scores have been from multiple manuevers, powerful carves, and variety. Medina gets a 9.53 for going left and doing the same air he always does? It doesnt make sense.
    Last edited by petesmith; Nov 5, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Finals coming up, the expression session is in the water right now!

Taj vs. Wilko final!

Images
    I just came back from Santa Cruz, and calling this the "Cold Water" Classic is definitely misleading... 4/3 or 3/2 and booties or no booties. The air was 70 degrees every day I was there, and the water was in the mid to upper 50's... Id take those water and air temps every day if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I just came back from Santa Cruz, and calling this the "Cold Water" Classic is definitely misleading... 4/3 or 3/2 and booties or no booties. The air was 70 degrees every day I was there, and the water was in the mid to upper 50's... Id take those water and air temps every day if I could.
    Ha... definitely a mild pet peeve of mine. When they used to run a Cold Water Classic in Thurso, Scotland that was legit cold.

totally agree that knox was robbed, he was surfing point waves with power and rail work... totally deserved to win that heat. medina's bland surfing and same old airs does very little for me.

Images
    Taj wins. Kind of a week final, neither put up a real solid wave. I was pulling for Wilco but he just couldn't pull it off on that last wave. Both guys were ripping the whole contest so I was glad to see either win. Michel Bourez surfed really well too, so much power behind his turns. Good contest for a pretty mediocre swell.