LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: water quality

Quote Originally Posted by nickzilla720 View Post
    Can anyone else add to this? Could really use a session after everything that's gone on
    Your fine, go in

If you don't go... you'll never know.

Went out Wednesday and Thursday after the storm. Epic conditions and private break since the National Guard was only letting local residents in.

Great to hear some positives. I'm guessing no issues with debris either? Hopefully people will be happy to see people surfing, a glimpse of what life was like before.

Don't surf - use your energy to help out some neighbors in need. There are plenty of people that need it - especially up here in the NY/NJ area.

is it true that non-union workers got turned away???

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Lol - no, any and all hands are needed here. It's tough to get into Long Beach, NY as they are only letting residents in, but go to any community in Rockaway, Southern Brooklyn, or Staten Island that needs help and volunteer your services. I'm sure they will gladly accept whether you're part of the "brotherhood" or not.

I would imagine the same goes for NJ and even parts of Ocean City, MD.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I heard that one too...talk radio over the weekend.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/11/...denies_cl.html

Looks like that rumor was not true

i tried to volunteer around monmouth county and they said they couldn't take anyone at this point. i'd assume it was because of potential liability issues. you can't just throw a bunch of people into a disaster area that are all gung-ho to help - they can easily get themselves hurt or killed.

i've heard conflicting reports and saw some nasty video of local union guys giving the visiting workers a really bad time.

update--partially true: http://www.foxbusiness.com/governmen...-to-head-home/
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Nov 5, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Don't surf - use your energy to help out some neighbors in need. There are plenty of people that need it - especially up here in the NY/NJ area.
    I live in Long Beach, NY. My place faired fairly well and it's been a lot of work work helping neighbors. Friends and I want to surf to keep morale up. I think its important.