LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

dear amry corps of engineers

sometimes you guys really piss me off and do something stupid like taking a good sand bar and sucking the life out of it. other times you do beautiful things like making perfectly safe inlets impassable. for that, i love you.

sincerely

I Hate Longboarders

CurtFlirt732 Guest
    i love them they make the best surf spots and iam not using sarcasm at all

Quote Originally Posted by CurtFlirt732 View Post
    i love them they make the best surf spots and iam not using sarcasm at all
    exactly...I'd say about half of the good surf spots in the New Jersey/Delmarva are were created by groins and jetties. It cracks me up to hear people ***** about the corps and then go surf Squan, IRI, OC lnlet or some other spot pretty much created by them.

CurtFlirt732 Guest
    well they did destroy squan inlet it used to an amazing wedgy a-frame off the rocks but its to deep now but it did create tons of spots just a little further north and south like long branch and LBI

boy was it good today at manasquan. 200 yd rides. head high takeoff, shoulder high wall.
    such an easy wave of high quality. I caught so many sick waves in only 5 hours

Images

Acoe

sandy hook. . .monmouth county's jetties. . .manasquan. . .dog beach. . .jenks. . .bay head. . .shoals on lbi. . .jetty breaks on lbi. . .ocean city. . .poverty. . .the cove. . .as much as beach replenishmnet can suck we owe a lot of big name breaks to them, and sometimes beach replenisment doens't really effect it too bad, did surf city lbi get affected? when i saw after beach replenisment it looked like the same set up as the town north just with a way bigger beach so i guess it could go either way but it seems like the more crap is stuck out into the ocean the more "surf spots" pop up