LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nor'easter

Nor'easter

looking good wed/thursday.

A little windy though with 25 mph offshores...

you're kidding, right? all the people who still have no power, no heat, some w/out a place to stay...nothing to protect the shore towns from overwash, the marshes are still full, so no chance of them absorbing the flood waters, storm drains still clogged, so the rain (2-3" predicted) will just sit, temps possibly down into the 20's...this is an awful scenario.

Exactly... I've never been so bummed about a NorEaster on the way. We can't handle it right now... Even if there is no flooding, the last thing we need up here is a cold storm. It's going to be brutal to those of us without power... We need nice warm weather to keep up cleaning and repairs.

Yes, and if all that's not enough, the water quality has to be horrible with all those waste treatment facilities down and tons of raw sewage being pumped into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by LoHoAloha View Post
    Yes, and if all that's not enough, the water quality has to be horrible with all those waste treatment facilities down and tons of raw sewage being pumped into the water.
    Reminds me of the seadumping thread a while back

Images
    could you imagine hoping out of the ocean in 50 degree water to run into a cold shower? ultra shrinkage

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    you're kidding, right? all the people who still have no power, no heat, some w/out a place to stay...nothing to protect the shore towns from overwash, the marshes are still full, so no chance of them absorbing the flood waters, storm drains still clogged, so the rain (2-3" predicted) will just sit, temps possibly down into the 20's...this is an awful scenario.
    Agreed +1 Just got power back Friday night,I hope it stays that way.Alot of people I've spoken with are still in the dark. not to concerned about surfing right now.

I got the itch to try and catch some swell...but it is next to impossible to get to the beaches. I dont think there is anyone of us out there who isint thinking about the waves coming, however small and short a thought it might be in our minds.. on a side not Im still with out power, thankfully a friend lent us a generator for some lights and the cast-iron pot belly stove is keeping us warm. Anyone feel that earthquake in Jersey? Sign of the times..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Reminds me of the seadumping thread a while back
    i miss that thread....

ya, i am bummed too. Even tho all the sand bars look sooo much better... the area is a wreck... so many ppl without a home or a wreck of a home.

PLUS- with all the rain and run off- THE WATER IS CONTAMINATED!!! be careful not to get your head wet if you go- unless you like sinus infections, idk... I have been helping pump out some flooded basements - and it aint pretty. talk about seadumping... im not worried about the surf, too many ppl in need right now...
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Nov 6, 2012 at 02:03 AM.