LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    A 3 mil with upper 50 s is always good to go. I'm very comfy. Never even heard of 5 mil suites now. Whatever stay comfy I am. A 3 mil is a lot better flexibility and plenty warm. Air temps were mid 40 s but water temp is more important. Toss on ur 6 mil in July hahhaha. Weirdos. 38 temps and. 5 mil that makes sense I would actually go a 6 mil but per what oven been hearing from this crew besides cresto 4 is everyone needs a 5 mil in upper 50 s water temp. I would think you'd want less suite for flex.

always remember some people who surf are FAT.. natural extra couple mm of insulation.. if i was able to surf right now but am not bc of sandy i'd b in a 4mm on a normal nov day.. probably a 5mm today and tomorrow with the humming winds

A 3 mil with upper 50 s is always good to go. I'm very comfy. Never even heard of 5 mil suites now. Whatever stay comfy I am. A 3 mil is a lot better flexibility and plenty warm. Air temps were mid 40 s but water temp is more important. Toss on ur 6 mil in July hahhaha. Weirdos. 38 temps and. 5 mil that makes sense I would actually go a 6 mil but per what oven been hearing from this crew besides cresto 4 is everyone needs a 5 mil in upper 50 s water temp. I would think you'd want less suite for flex.

No offense. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlerhody View Post
    Honestly, with modern stretch neoprene, a 5 or 6mm suit has plenty of flex. Surprised surfing companies don't come out with 7mm suits for middle of winter. It's probably because it's such a small market that would use it. The market is designed around southern California I think.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Nov 8, 2012 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swell5 View Post
    always remember some people who surf are FAT.. natural extra couple mm of insulation.. if i was able to surf right now but am not bc of sandy i'd b in a 4mm on a normal nov day.. probably a 5mm today and tomorrow with the humming winds
    lol....Yeah I've seen them in the lineup. I've mistaken them for a walrus

7. 3/2 n bootie wooties in vb

and its flat already. that was a quick swell (hours to he exact)

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    The market is designed around southern California I think.
    look no further than hoodless 5mils for the truth of that...

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    look no further than hoodless 5mils for the truth of that...
    Yeah, I love those hoodless 5 mils. So much versatility and great for fall when the air is so cold especially on dawn patrols, but you don't need a hood. Also, good for thin people who's core gets cold easy