LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

going to north shore tomorrow

looks like there will be good swell, and stoked to see these reports on the site, but i was wondering why there is an inconsistency with wind direction and speed from the detailed surf forecast to the wind box in the surf summary? one says ssw wind 5kt, the other says E to ESE? i checked weather.com for the hourly forecast and it looks like 10-11mph weds but ENE

thinking vland might be the spot, but a friend said the sandbar at ehukai beachpark is working and then the west side looks good too.. got any recommendations? thanks micah
    Last edited by windswellsucks; Mar 11, 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Images
    looks like we've got some problems here... working on it now.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Mar 13, 2008 at 04:34 AM.

swell is pretty big today mostly washing thru. some bodyboarders at pipe but nothing too good. vland is a washing machine freddys washing thru too. whats the call for tomorrow am, west side?

Images
    the problem with the wind conditions has been fixed. There was also a timing with the swells on the timeline - this has also been fixed.

Keep us updated with some reports!

mahalos! will post some updates tomorrow thank goodness for swellinfo on my cellphone

Images
    good deal...

Tomorrow is looking very fun on the north shore.

i think your wind forecast is not working again it says 20-25 for sunday weather.com says 7-10? waves are good chest high right now. what do you think for dawn patrol sunday morning
    Last edited by windswellsucks; Mar 15, 2008 at 01:25 AM.

pupukeas was firing tonite for the evening sesh. chest shoulder head with occ overhead sets. a frames. hard to get into the waves but super hollow on the inside. ultra crowded tho. forecast was right definitely a green guy for the afternoon but winds are still funky

I'm planning a trip to the north shore of oahu this winter, 2012, so I'm using this thread. The question is: go durring the pipe masters, or wait till after, with the idea that it will be less crowded afterwards. Any info is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ewwoodsurf View Post
    I'm planning a trip to the north shore of oahu this winter, 2012, so I'm using this thread. The question is: go durring the pipe masters, or wait till after, with the idea that it will be less crowded afterwards. Any info is much appreciated.
    Pipe Masters is Dec 8-20 this year. During Pipe traffic is insane on North Shore don't go during Pipe unless you like sitting in traffic. Definitely after.