I feel the same way as most of you in regs to beach replenishment, beach badge fees...

I hate beach replenishment and always question where, why, and how

Why did Squan get murdered so bad......is it because ACOE built jetties then decided to push sand overtop of the jetties and create a horrible shorebreak. There is a huge drop off on most beaches in squan and the jetties were barely visible. I understand the amount of water the pushes thru the inlet is massive, but I cant help but think if there wasn't so much foreign sand would the water have some up so far carrying so much of the sand with it. Would the jetties have helped stop the flow of water. Could the piling on of sand where it wasn't suppose to be have caused the people on 1st AVE to have 6 feet of sand in the living room.

How bout monmouth beach...they replenished last year and destroyed all the breaks around the beach club...rip slants. When i drove thru LB last week they took it hard but right at URsula plaza going into MB the sand completely covered everything......I find it hard to believe that wasn't all the sand they just replenished. Is there any proof replenishment works at all. What does it work to do? That money could have been put into an FEMA style account to be used to rebuild instead of being wasted (we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars). It makes the waves break hard on the sand and rush up the bank then dangerously back down the bank into the atlantic making swimming dangerous and pretty much off limits to children. I would assume it helped protected the beaches on the ocean, but it seems the replenished beaches actually did worse than other areas. Now those beach towns have to clean up the sand out of their streets and homes and the cost of ??????

There has to be a better way...look at Kirra...they involved surfers in the replenishment and basically have an on/off switch on the replenishment starting at the tip of the point....not building it up at the dunes and pushing it towards the water...