LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    morey mach 7 is the best bodyboard of all time. check out videos on youtube of mike stewart taking on pipe with it. the industry was started with that board, so you cant go wrong, even if others are a bit better. plus its only like $100 new.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrsprngrippaz View Post
    That was very helpful. I plan on riding mainly at Indian River Southside this summer, so it is good to get advice from someone with first hand experience.
    I hope you have a good chiropractor...or a burial plot picked out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turtletheshaper View Post
    morey mach 7 is the best bodyboard of all time. check out videos on youtube of mike stewart taking on pipe with it. the industry was started with that board, so you cant go wrong, even if others are a bit better. plus its only like $100 new.
    First board I ever owned. LOVED IT! Then my girlfriend (now wife) bought me a BZ. HATED IT. Too much rocker. It felt really slow. I traded it in at Shoreline for a Mike Stewert Pro Comp. It was the best board I ever had. I actually found one new in the wrapper on E-bay a couple years ago and bought it. It still rocks. It's so fast.

pasuxxx Guest
    DOES IT REALLY MATTER?? IT takes no talent and means nothing to drop in on your stomach and get closed out on

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pasuxxx View Post
    DOES IT REALLY MATTER?? IT takes no talent and means nothing to drop in on your stomach and get closed out on

Hell yeah it matters! Would you want your picture on a website getting hammered in a closeout on a bright pink board with lime green rails?!?!?!

they make body boards with stringers?? weird, and i would think getting one with stringers would make it more likely to snap since it would be more brittle and rigid... meh

ExtremeSpongerChicks Guest

Question epoxy bottom boards

Its seems like the pricey boards are all epoxy bottom boards and heavy, does it really make a difference if your have an epoxy bottom board vs the slick bottom board? Even if you ride in overhead surf or shore breakers?

havent tried the epoxy ones, but my bodyboard is meant to take a beating, which makes stringers, epoxy, and extra features not to appealing. I get most of my speed with my flippers anyway. Althought, i have never used one of the advanced boards and just use an old school mach 7, so maybe i dont know what i am missing.

you should have a board for riding real(hollow) makeable waves like a no 6 or bz.

but,

if you are going to ride shoreys that are thick with no way out, get a really flexible no stringer board (not talking about good ss b/c that is a real wave). dont spend a ton but get a board where you can scoop into it and basically be in a smoother controlled state with the wave. remember, you are just dropping and getting into position for a view.
    it is hard to explatn but it just feels easier in a shorey with a bent, crap board.

a strong stringer board can feel rigid in shoreys rather a than smaller flexible board.

dissagree if u want but that is what i have noticed in sand bashing sessions.

yea man i got a board with a tripple stringer in it..wicked rigid but never had any flex so i like it. Just got a number 6 and pretty happy with the way its shaped but i just got to get it wet now. . An WontonWonton is right with the boards unless ur gonna be standing or DK you only really need a single stringer.