LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Coastal Delaware
    Posts
    238
    Images
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber52 View Post
    yea man i got a board with a tripple stringer in it..wicked rigid but never had any flex so i like it. Just got a number 6 and pretty happy with the way its shaped but i just got to get it wet now. . An WontonWonton is right with the boards unless ur gonna be standing or DK you only really need a single stringer.
    Which No.6 did you get?

    The new prototype No.6 boards that No.6 sent me to test out in our colder waters have been working real well. They are Dow & Lightweight Polypro mix cores. They are shaped like the No.6 Bludgeon & Landlord models with crescent tails. 1 has 3 stringers & 1 has a single stringer. Flex & projection on both are really good for the cold water right now. No.6 is using the info I give them to do minor adjustments & get them in production for late spring & summer line.

    I am heading up to Long Island, NY & then NYC tomorrow night for the BBING premiere of ROAM & hang out with the NYBB crew. Should be a great time, this will be the 1st time we have had one in NYC itself. We have always had other BBING videos, NF premier, etc on Long Island.

  2. #22
    going to bali in may for a month, gettin the sting and covenant for that trip. chuck lemme know how things go with those boards, im sending pix to reale, plus swell this week hit me up!!

  3. #23
    yeee yo

    I am off for a week starting wed,
    It will be the tail end of the north swell and then a south swell will come wed night/thurs morn.

    I am thoroughly elated to have waves and time off from school.

    ooh, thurs.....
    leftover north swell, fun sized south swell, 30 mph offshores

    ooh beachbreaks

    At least now that is what the models are showing.

  4. #24
    I just purchased the number six Goliathe. DO you know anything about the locust. My brother is looking into stepping up boards but this is the first number 6 i have ever ridden. hes about 6'1 210...he really just wants a board to do the 360 and stuff no drop knee. Any advice? Thanks guys...And Blue i got to see if i can come down...got to get a new wettie and then boots and all that other stuff just to get it wet

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Coastal Delaware
    Posts
    238
    Images
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by No.6rider View Post
    going to bali in may for a month, gettin the sting and covenant for that trip. chuck lemme know how things go with those boards, im sending pix to reale, plus swell this week hit me up!!
    Stoked for you on the trip to Bali & No.6 as a choice for board manufacturer. I don't know if you have tested out the sting or covenants yet, but if I were to take 2 boards I would pick 2 different shapes. The Sting is a bit small for my liking & handles similar to the Covenant, just not as well for me. I Love the Covenant as a prone board & it offers tons of speed.

    You may want to look @ a Bludgeon series either XM or regular, or the Landlord. The 2 shapes work great for prone/DK & the crescent tail will hold better prone or DK for some of the long, deep barrels that you will experience in Bali. If you do DK or do & want to progress, the Bludgeon or Landlord would be the best ones to do so. You can DK on a Sting or similar shape, but they don't perform or compare for DK as the Bludgeon or Landlord as a combo board.

    Hopefully the swell will come thru this week & if so I will be checking the waves. I will have my No.6 Landlord, Filth Fury, Covenant & the 2 new No.6 prototype test boards with me. Send me a PM with your contact info & maybe we can meet up where you could try them out.

    CW

  6. #26
    yeah im getting the sting and covenant for sure, ill be out in oc 2morrow and thursday. ill pm u with more details later on. thanks dude!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Coastal Delaware
    Posts
    238
    Images
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber52 View Post
    I just purchased the number six Goliathe. DO you know anything about the locust. My brother is looking into stepping up boards but this is the first number 6 i have ever ridden. hes about 6'1 210...he really just wants a board to do the 360 and stuff no drop knee. Any advice? Thanks guys...And Blue i got to see if i can come down...got to get a new wettie and then boots and all that other stuff just to get it wet
    I haven't tested the Locust, but some of the other team riders have in Cali & Hawaii & really like it in all types of conditions. I know that is a board that No.6 recommends for the bigger guys & is a board that can be used for prone or DK.

    If your brother isn't interested in DK the Goliathe regular or Icon would probably be the best board choice. Since you have the Goliathe already, maybe ask your brother to try the Locust. The Locust with the crescent tail & shape would hold better in hollow waves & the Goliathe would provide a bit more speed & easier to do 360's & release the tail.

    Hope that helps some.

    CW

  8. #28
    Ya...Thats what i was thinking that goilathe would really be easy to do it with...So i might just tell him to get the locust...is it a quick board...hes looking for a board with some speed...He was looking at the icon because he wants a board that he can really beat up but doubt hes going to be DK it so...Thanks for your advice..it is greatly appreciated...HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY TO EVERY ONE TOO

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Coastal Delaware
    Posts
    238
    Images
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber52 View Post
    Ya...Thats what i was thinking that goilathe would really be easy to do it with...So i might just tell him to get the locust...is it a quick board...hes looking for a board with some speed...He was looking at the icon because he wants a board that he can really beat up but doubt hes going to be DK it so...Thanks for your advice..it is greatly appreciated...HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY TO EVERY ONE TOO

    The speed/performance of the board will vary depending on the type of wave he is riding. Steep barreling wave like SS the Locust would be best. Fatter waves that break out farther such as OCMD, the Goliathe would be a better board especially in summer type conditions.

  10. #30
    Yea i doubt we will ever get on the SS barrels when its really going off. I like life too much and dont have the skill to ride a wave that hollow and neither does he...but i think he will prob go for the Locust only for the fact that i got the other one....Ill leave SS up to you guys to kill it and ill go ride a less death wave....Props to you guys for being able to kill that wave..Thanks for the help