LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bummer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ritecoastsurfer3 View Post
    pmoos is right, hey it's mostly sunny now when the weather channel said mostly cloudy so as much as i love swellinfo i hope the current forecast is wrong and there is some ne fetch thrown at us, i checked the gfs this morning and the low is coming out 90 degrees to hatteras with north wind from long island down eh
    hey guys... if you have been tracking east coast storms, you should by now that the models can be very fickle, and this particular system the models are having a tough time with. The Swellinfo model runs off the GFS winds, so any changes in the GFS will be reflected in the the Swellinfo wave model.

The weekend weather forecasts will have the same problem as with the wave forecasts when dealing with systems like this.

2. straight up if the Low ends up going south of you ..you get fetch onshores and long duration ground swell

if it goes north of you forget about it maybe a SW peak at the right bar or onshore slop <-----this is what has been flopping and 150 mile shift of the Low's track changes wave size at different breaks

also intensity forecast of the Low (how big the waves will get) changes daily and calling something like this storm 7 days ..impossible

anyway waves are looking sickkk for obx. tues-wed one of the them check out that period

Um... are we back on for tomorrow?
    https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/ww3_cgi/d...wav_ht.024.gif