LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where the surf is

Before I ask where a guy can surf in the NJ/NY area these days, know that I have donated money, clothing, non perishables to Belmar, are a Monmouth county resident and a active Surfrider member.
    With that said, where the hell can I catch a wave? I see that the cams are still up in OC NJ, does that mean that I can access the beach? How about Tauk? I would imagine that there debis is not an issues out there.
    Feel free to send me a private message if you dont want to post.
    Good vibes to all.

Images
    Anyone heard from the Greenlight guys? I want to make an order but haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. Hopefully they along with everyone else is doing alright and making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Anyone heard from the Greenlight guys? I want to make an order but haven't been able to get anyone on the phone. Hopefully they along with everyone else is doing alright and making progress.
    Greenlight update as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlight View Post
    Hey All,

Greenlight is OK. Some wind and rain damage but all is fixed and waiting for power.

For those of you not on our mailing list we're having a hurricane sale on all materials and tools.

Planning to shape and sell some boards when power is restored to support local hurricane relief funds. Keep you posted on how anyone can get a new board for cheap and help out some families who've lost it all.

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

silence. please.

no but seriously i don't think it's a good idea to even get into the ocean right now. i wouldn't do it. seems like too much debris, and runoff to even be worth it. all the cams from ocean city on south are back up on the surfers view though. nothing even looks too rideable as of yet. just be careful if you're going through with it. i still haven't been home, but there is a lot of sand covering streets running parallel to the beaches.

Thanks, not thinking of it today but just in general. The cleanup in Monmouth county will be going on all winter and yes debis and sewage dont make for a fun session so I have to figure something out or start planning trips to the west coast.
    Does anyone know if Sandy Hook survived?

bunch of folks in the water on OC2 cam. saw a pic off the music pier of a perfect A frame!

damn, ocean city is firing....

i went in in long beach ny the other day n no one stopped me

and here i sit looking a NY harbor...

Quote Originally Posted by briggs1516 View Post
    i went in in long beach ny the other day n no one stopped me
    I was thinking about possibly getting a few hours in tomorrow morning, as the forecast as of now looks decent. I don't want to be insensitive though, and I definitely don't want to be surfing in crap - were there a decent amount of people out there? How did the water / debris look? Is it worth it or should we give it some more time?