LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Bodyboard advice

Hi everyone. I need advice. I am looking to purchase a new bodyboard for the upcoming season. I hope to ride this board in hollow, thick, dangerous shorebreak. What materials and tail shape, etc. should I be looking for. Thanks!

coulda just said shore break we know what it means =] i still ride a 20 year old mach 7 so iim not one to know

go with a crescent tail single stringer and depending on the water temp DOW or PP

A sponge?

I heard the best sponges out wright now are made from a company called scotch bright, they have been getting my dishes so clean lately. polishes my copper pots to sheer perfection. plus i got a three pack for $2.97. Get em while they last. (and read this with a grain of salt!)

Why do people start so much ****

Images
    Since its shorebreak the boards probably going to get the **** beat out of it. I would go for a double stringer to make it hold up better. Keep it from bending. Don't really think that there are boards made specifically for shorebreak. I would just say go double stringer and have maybe a 10" or 11" nose so you can maneuver better. Honestly, the boards probably going to snap if your not experienced enough to ride shorbreak. I know I would have broken my board by now if I went to IRS.

my 41.5 HUBB holds up like none other..and it has been beat to hell on some of the heaviest shorebreak around here and still has no creases or anything...or No. 6 makes some nasty boards i had a 41.5 stong thatt held for about 3 yrs...

Images
    BZ, #6, TOOBS in that order

Break Down (IMO):

BZ - I think there boards have the best shape, there light, very maneuverable and can take a beating.

#6 - Razor sharp rails, there shapes are all right, and they have that anti-sun bubble stuff on the deck and the boards are quite tough but they can be heavy.

TOOBS - Hand shaped, but I'm not a big fan of the shapes besides the Herlihy, bullet proof.

So you really can't go wrong with any of them, tail wise if you do a lot of spins go with bat tail if you just carve/dk get a crescent.
    Last edited by mikedub; Mar 13, 2008 at 04:11 AM.

Custom PMA is the best made boards i have ever ridden

Thanks for the advice, Jimbo

That was very helpful. I plan on riding mainly at Indian River Southside this summer, so it is good to get advice from someone with first hand experience.