LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    245
    Great info.....
    forman......Unsound Surf owner said the same for LI......towns across the island had no choice.....will stay the same until the power grid is up.....article is on Surfline

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    9
    Tried to go surf in Belmar yesterday but the National Guard stopped me. I asked the guy when we would be able to access the beach and he said that they were being pulled from the area on Friday, Nov 9th (today) at noon.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by whosthat View Post
    Great info.....
    forman......Unsound Surf owner said the same for LI......towns across the island had no choice.....will stay the same until the power grid is up.....article is on Surfline

    Yeah, I read that article... at this point though, I thought the system has long finished purging sewage into the water. I know people that have gone in the water all over the island (including Long Beach), and so far it seems like they're ok. I was wondering if there was an official word / website we could go to to see test results on local water.



    And also, another related question. The system that was purged was near the Town of Long Beach, but what of beaches east of there? (like Gilgo, Robert Moses, Hamptons, Montauk etc). The longshore current almost always moves from east to west here on long island, so I feel that those areas should still remain relatively clean... is this the case?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    378
    not sure the water quality is good anywhere rght now. one would think montuak might be getting some bad stuff coming out of peconic bay and the sound. Haven't heard that access is open to gilgo or moses yet. anybody hear different?

  5. #15
    Yeah... Next week looks like we may be getting some waves and I'm hoping by then well be able to objectively enter the water on Long Island safely.

    Also I drove past the exit off the southern state for the wantaugh yesterday and it said the exit that leads to the beach is still closed. Not sure if there is any way to access ocean parkway currently (to get to Robert Moses).

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    20
    Hopefully we keep getting these east swells and it keeps pushing all this poo water towards Jersey

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordsarewisdom View Post
    Hopefully we keep getting these east swells and it keeps pushing all this poo water towards Jersey
    Or west winds to keep it ny

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    712
    Our Poo is your Poo, Your Poo is our Poo, together we are one big pool of Poo.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by forman View Post
    Yeah... Next week looks like we may be getting some waves and I'm hoping by then well be able to objectively enter the water on Long Island safely.

    Also I drove past the exit off the southern state for the wantaugh yesterday and it said the exit that leads to the beach is still closed. Not sure if there is any way to access ocean parkway currently (to get to Robert Moses).
    got this off the NYS parks website: http://www.nysparks.com/parks/7/details.aspx

    Due to conditions caused by Hurricane Sandy, Robert Moses State Park will be closed until further notice.

  10. #20
    Can we start a list of which plants failed and when their normal operations were brought back? If any?
    Last edited by nickzilla720; Nov 11, 2012 at 04:02 PM.