LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

My New Phil Taylor Handcrafted Surfboards!

I just have to take the time to post these works of art that Phil created for me. Lots of calls and texts back and forth to get these done, but they are of awesome quality and more than I could have asked for. I highly recommend Phil, and the whole process of getting customs surfboards made. I'll also note that the first wave I caught on the yellow board was AWESOME today. over head and held great. I took the camera out a little bit too and got a shot or two with it. The picture with 4 boards is Sandbar18's two boards that Phil also made. The only negative with the whole process is not Phils fault, but rather the foam supplier's fault. It took forever for him to get the foam, which left me with only a bit more than a week to try and get these boards wet before I head to Puerto Rico. But well worth the wait and it feels like xmas came early. Phil has some better pics up on his FB page.
    Pete

image.jpgIMG_2604.jpgIMG_2606.jpgIMG_2617 - Copy.jpgIMG_2619.jpg

Images

pics

IMG_2628.jpgIMG_2621.jpgIMG_2623.jpgIMG_2627.JPGFew more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Gotta ask... did you pick the fins just to match the yellow board? He does make some pretty boards though...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Gotta ask... did you pick the fins just to match the yellow board? He does make some pretty boards though...
    Phil picke the fins and the color on that one. I just said I wanted a neon color with black strips.

The the blk/yllw resin swirl bands on the yellow board are sweet. Do you know if he did those in the hot coat? The yellow itself is gnarly, I don't know if it's the lighting or when you took that photo; but I've never seen that shade of pigment at Mitch's. I want a 4oz jar of that. Burns my eyes, love it. What are the dims on that thing?

Looking at the pictures again, I'm going with all air-brushed on the yellow board.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Nov 9, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    The the blk/yllw resin swirl bands on the yellow board are sweet. Do you know if he did those in the hot coat? The yellow itself is gnarly, I don't know if it's the lighting or when you took that photo; but I've never seen that shade of pigment at Mitch's. I want a 4oz jar of that. Burns my eyes, love it. What are the dims on that thing?
    I'll let Phil address his secret recipe. as far as the dims, they are in the one pic.IMG_2621.jpg

Gorgeous! Love that brown wood look quad. Enjoy.

Images
    No resin work. Airbrush. And the yellow is florescent yellow with a touch of glow in the dark. Thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhILTAYLOR View Post
    No resin work. Airbrush. And the yellow is florescent yellow with a touch of glow in the dark. Thanks for the compliment.
    Thanks Phil. I had actually editted my post after looking at the pics again and gone that route once I saw the stringer peeking through. BEAUTIFUL work on all of them, solid inspiration. ". . . florescent yellow with a touch of glow in the dark. . .", I've always wanted to do a board for full moon sessions. Something you could see from 300 yds up a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by PhILTAYLOR View Post
    I love the Yellow. I want a 6'10" version of that!
    What do they run, if you don't mind me asking?