LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outer banks

Hybrid View

outer banks

Me family and some friends are going to the outer banks for thanksgiving break we know some good spots but what is the average water temp for this time of year and what wetsuits are gear do we bring? Where im at now in delmarva are water is in mid 50s.

3'2, a hooded 4'3, and thin boots

Ha!.......,,..,,.,.,

thanxgiving in obx

Quote Originally Posted by va.waves? View Post
    Ha!.......,,..,,.,.,
    you could bring a 3/2 doubt if you wear it, need a 4/3, booties, also just in case its super cold bring thin gloves and a hood

Ha!.......,,..,,.,.,
    Let me get a rip?

Images
    what part? the roads are washed out past pea island. wont be going anywhere further than the bridge for now. p.s. look at the front page of surfline to see what you missed

I'll be down there myself and will be bringing a 3-2 which i will most likely use. If I need it I'll have a 5-3. But I usually get by at Thanksgiving with a 3-2 down there. Gloves and booties for sure. A hood would be nice. The bars are gonna be all different, and some places may not break at all anymore, so you might have to look around. The piers are always good. S-turns may not be working so good or may be epic, haven't heard. Sandy likely changed everything. But we're used to change down there.

Quote Originally Posted by tubesock View Post
    I'll be down there myself and will be bringing a 3-2 which i will most likely use. If I need it I'll have a 5-3. But I usually get by at Thanksgiving with a 3-2 down there. Gloves and booties for sure. A hood would be nice. The bars are gonna be all different, and some places may not break at all anymore, so you might have to look around. The piers are always good. S-turns may not be working so good or may be epic, haven't heard. Sandy likely changed everything. But we're used to change down there.
    This is why i laughed....its gonna be hard to find a bar thats working in town jennets doesnt even have one

This is why i laughed....its gonna be hard to find a bar thats working in town jennets doesnt even have one
    I went down last week. Checked a few different spots and found only one place that was even remotely ridable. This place went from totally flat to chest-shoulder and really fun. 12-15 guys in the water sharing the only peak. I've had more relaxed sessions on the north shore. I hope that's not an indicator of what this winter is going to be like down there. I dunno.

3.2 with booties is fine.