LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you think your break was crowded before....

So today I went to one of my breaks to check it out, I couldn't believe how messed up it was.It was low tide but right in the middle of the break was a enormous sand bar.Looked more like a island.I walked pass a few breaks to get to it and each and every one had sand bars right in the middle.Im just wondering what the rest of our breaks look like now.I just feel like the good spots will be few and far between now.If this holds up for awhile I can't imagine how crowded the stand out spots will be.

Possibly any new unknown breaks? Im way south and my break is the same as i've ever known, yet this is my newest find with minimal crowd so im not really sure how anybody else's breaks are......

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash35 View Post
    Possibly any new unknown breaks? .
    Man Flash,I hope so but from what I saw today it wasn't to promising.

At high tide, won't the bar, or "island" now be underwater, causing a crazy depth change when the wave hits it, making perfect barrels?

Lets hope,but the sand bars I saw today were like none I've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Lets hope,but the sand bars I saw today were like none I've seen before.
    They were crazy man, I could've sworn they were talking to me at one point. Like none you've ever seen before.

Can somebody post a pic. I havent been back to the states in a while n dont have plans on coming back. For any extended period of time anyways. But im curious about what yall are talkin

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    At high tide, won't the bar, or "island" now be underwater, causing a crazy depth change when the wave hits it, making perfect barrels?
    Yes,I think normal sand bars create good breaks.At low tide you won't be able to surf this particular spot where before you could.If middle tide raises the depth 3 feet I feel as it will still be to shallow,and if high tide raises it to six feet theres a good chance it will be a beach break.I haven't checked out any other spots so I really don't know what things are looking like besides this one.I would imagine that with our jetties exposed that might be a good thing.Not too sure about rip tides and swimming thou.

Let me tell you a short story that may help relieve some of your angst...

Last year Irene washed through the town of Rodanthe with such force that it created a new inlet. It took months before they opened the road back up and nobody really knew what to expect surf wise. Now, at this inlet sits the best wave on that half of the island.

the end.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Let me tell you a short story that may help relieve some of your angst...

Last year Irene washed through the town of Rodanthe with such force that it created a new inlet. It took months before they opened the road back up and nobody really knew what to expect surf wise. Now, at this inlet sits the best wave on that half of the island.

the end.
    Yahtzee!!!