LOGIN | REGISTER

Delaware maybe Assategue or surrounding areas

Need to get outta Jerz for a weekend or a day looking for some suggestions in DEl Maryland area or maybe even north...looking to bring the wife and pup...All info and suggestions are appreciated..Thanks

Images
    Bricktucky!!! Personally I would get in touch with Gruvi- he is the man and knows everything about that area!

Hope you are doing ok after all the crazyness here in jersey.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bricktuckyjohn View Post
    Need to get outta Jerz for a weekend or a day looking for some suggestions in DEl Maryland area or maybe even north...looking to bring the wife and pup...All info and suggestions are appreciated..Thanks
    To surf, either head towards south to mid ocean city where the sandbars are best, or Assateague is always an option for a more mellower wave. You can bring your dog on the beach at any beach this time of year. Assateague is great for camping, or else you'll probably want to stay in Ocean City.

i miss gruvi. where has he been?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    or else you'll probably want to stay in Ocean City.
    Im unsure how OC has made out with the hurricane, but when I use to travel often with my old job- you can stay in an ocean front room this time of year for fairly cheap.... like 50 to 100 bucks depending- personally i would rather go camping tho...

Overall (especially compared to nj), OC made out fine with Sandy. Lots of guys have been surfing midtown since the hurricane.

AI was closed for awhile after the hurricane because the bridge took some damage (the bike/walk path on the bridge is still closed but the auto lanes are open). I know the state park is open but I am not sure about the national park. One of the rangers told me that they bulldoze the dunes at the state park campsites to keep them large to protect the sites from overwash. They don't do this at the national park because they don't want to interfere with nature as much. So for camping on the beach your best bet is probably the state park.

Can you camp all year long at either park?

Images
    No only the National Park has year round camping. The State is now closed.

Dogs on the federal side only.