LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Long Island, NY - Beach/Break Accessibility

With the exception of boat access, what current beaches/breaks (east to west) are accessible for non-residents? It is great to see water quality coverage, but more importantly, many of these beaches are not acessible at the moment. Relevant feedback from those who have been out would be great, even though all input is welcomed! Time to lift our spirits with the approaching swell...

Cheers-

Images
    Well Drew, I dated you, I guess I can do anything.

Robert Moses state park is still closed.

The beaches are always being closed because of waste spills, right? And surfers are territorial. They stick mostly to certain breaks. If we canget some hair samples, and get a match to a certain beach, we'd knowwhich break the Ex-Presidents surf.

I swim but I wish I never learned

The water's too polluted with germs

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurf4sure View Post
    I swim but I wish I never learned

The water's too polluted with germs

Dive deep when it's ten feet over head

I heard from my friend who was down in Long Beach yesterady that people were back in the water. It seems that there is limited access in Long Beach. Going down to catch low this afternoon. Just hope the only thing I see floating in the water is my buddy.

Head out east

Curious, I don't see anyone in the water on the surf-cams out in Southampton or Montauk even though it looks like there is an ok swell filling in that's fairly clean (at least by my standards). Is that because of limited beach access and/or water quality issues, or are the cams just facing really poor surf-spots that nobody goes to anyways? I'm going to be up in LI for Thanksgiving, and the swell report looks really good for Thursday, Nov 23rd right now, but I don't want to be out in head-high+ swells completely alone in a break I'm unfamiliar with ...

I actually saw a guy on the gilgo surf cam a couple days ago but i believe ocean pkwy is open now. As for out east i never really see people surfing on the cams or maybe the break is better in a different spot now because of Sandy but there is defiantly people out surfing. Im surfing at smiths point Wednesday.