LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah Abrams View Post
    Are any of those posting to this thread about surfing in LB coming from the city? I've read a few reports of locals being unhappy with people heading there for a surf, and I'd hate to ruffle feathers in that way, but missing all these swells is driving me nuts. I've been volunteering and giving money to the relief effort, but don't expect someone who's lost their home to give me much slack for that ...

I was down there yesterday and i seen about 5 people in the water. I asked one guy about water he didnt seem to care. I live in woodhaven queens I have had enough and cant stand not being in the water im going to try to hit long beach now. As well as check rockaway out I surf both beachs all year around but Because of the storm I have had no time between work and helping out. I need to destress.

Quote Originally Posted by Etl1692 View Post
    I surfed the day after the storm no problem in Long Branch.
    I couldn't even THINK about surfing the day after the storm. Or the next day... or the day after that... Glad you scored though.

Quote Originally Posted by highvelocity View Post
    I was down there yesterday and i seen about 5 people in the water. I asked one guy about water he didnt seem to care. I live in woodhaven queens I have had enough and cant stand not being in the water im going to try to hit long beach now. As well as check rockaway out I surf both beachs all year around but Because of the storm I have had no time between work and helping out. I need to destress.
    Good luck -- let us know how it goes.

Just got back water seems real clean sets were a little wait but it was good to finally get wet. Not alot of people in the water. All the breaks and sandbars are weird now. Its going to take a while to get use to. I'm going to try to hit it again tomorrow

Thanks everyone for your posts. This is the exact information I was looking for. Surfed the Sunday before Sandy hit and haven't been back in the water since. Jonesing pretty bad to get in the water, but it I can't decide if it's the right thing to do when people's lives and homes are destroyed. Trying to donate and volunteer as much as possible so I can feel better about surfing again, but that's kind of silly. Guess it's a pretty delicate situation right now with water quality, transportation and being sensitive to the community.

I cant wait to surf thanksgiving mornig... Gonna head to dildo. Looks like it should be fun.... Dont feel guity about surfing. If you are doing your part to help you deserve to enjoy yourself... My family lost everything and I have been working 24 hrs a day. I cant wait to surf!

what's access like like around the central south shore? is ocean pkwy open?

The ocean parkway is destroyed for the most part</3

Images
    [QUOTE=nynj;147546]I cant wait to surf thanksgiving mornig... Gonna head to dildo./QUOTE]
    Is mornig a he or a she? And what are you going to do with the dildo?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    Sandy will be pretty obsolete once the thanksgiving-black friday-cyber monday-christmas deals/stories return.
    Obsolete? On behalf of myself and many others, F*ck You! Do you really think the holidays are going to make us forget that we can't go home? A f*cking turkey is supposed to make us forget all our sh*t is trashed? The only thing distracting me from this disaster is last year’s holiday disaster where I lost three close family members between Thanks Giving day and New Year. So, F*ck You some more. Enjoy your sales dueshbag.
    Last edited by Doug; Nov 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM.