LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Monmouth County new breaks

Has anybody seen any of the beaches in Northern Monmouth? I'm wondering if some of the old breaks that were ruined by beach replenishment are back?

Sorry, they are only letting local residents in the Monmouth County beach towns. Only locals can surf there now. So sad for you.

Looks very interesting however some places that were good have no access at all due to erosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbya55 View Post
    Has anybody seen any of the beaches in Northern Monmouth? I'm wondering if some of the old breaks that were ruined by beach replenishment are back?
    Sand bars are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuldge View Post
    Sand bars are all over the place.

at low tide they can also be called "islands" - pretty big areas of exposed sand

Images
    Low tide recon mission today from Sea Bright to Asbury. Tempted to paddle out. NO ONE was out anywhere, with the exception of one location. A lot of old groins, piers, pilings, walls, sheet piling, rocks, etc. are now exposed; beach is gone. High tide sesh would be surfing over many exposed obstacles. It's a little freaky looking with un-known sketchy bottom conditions.

We gots waves coming. Y'all be safe.
    Last edited by LOSTsoul; Nov 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling

Long Branch looks like it wants to come back

Checked some spots this afternoon. No one out, looking spooky. I saw stuff floating around in Sea Girt, beach area closed off. I bet there is still a ton of stuff out there still.

sandbars are everywhere right now.but incase some of u guys havnt heard,there were major spills into the bays and oceans.people are getting really sick right now.were talkin hepatitis,e.coli,staph,and lots of other nasty things.i dont know the full details but iv been hearing people say dont even eat fish u catch.and do not go in the water!!im not makin this stuff up

i live in manasquan,and i still havnt been able to get to the beach.iv been staying with family up north but iv been down this past weekend to cleanout my house,and only residents are allowed in.they have a military checkpoint at 3rd ave and u cant get over the bridge without a pass.i live 2 blocks in from riverside so im pretty close.the damage is too much to name.im sure others are dealing with the same mess right now,but its not looking good and i dont know when il be able to surf again,atleast in nj.i might have to take a flight to costa or something in the near future after i get back on my feet