LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Aerials

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Aerials

    i like to go super sonic and launch. 99% of the time my board will fly away without me. Floaters, feet stay. Lip busting, feet stay. Launching, away into the sky my board always flies? Thinking about hitting the lip later with more of a horizontal force, pushing the board back to me. And grab it with my hands ?????

  2. #2
    You need a concave deck like a skateboard. Really helps keep heel and toe pressure. Check out oneninetyfive surfboards on Facebook for more examples.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bogue Banks
    Posts
    67
    Images
    2
    Good luck with that.

  4. #4
    keep your body centered over the bord, keep em small an simple little fin blast until you get comfortable with the feelin then just boost

  5. #5
    When you boost off the lip, don't just fly, push on the tail as your taking off so the board comes closer to you and make your rotation and get ready for the landing my 2 cents

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFlash35 View Post
    i like to go super sonic and launch. 99% of the time my board will fly away without me. Floaters, feet stay. Lip busting, feet stay. Launching, away into the sky my board always flies? Thinking about hitting the lip later with more of a horizontal force, pushing the board back to me. And grab it with my hands ?????
    Easy! Learn how to surf first, then try your little arm-flailing chop hops. 98% of surfers who pull "airs" look horrible. 100% of surfers who skipped learning the basics in order to try more airs look like kooks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Easy! Learn how to surf first, then try your little arm-flailing chop hops. 98% of surfers who pull "airs" look horrible. 100% of surfers who skipped learning the basics in order to try more airs look like kooks.
    Surfers should worry less about how their surfing looks to others and just enjoy themselves...even if that means doing spastic looking air attempts. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by South Bethany; Nov 15, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Surfers should worry less about how their surfing looks to others and just enjoy themselves...even if that means doing spastic looking air attempts. My 2 cents.
    It's soooo painful to watch people stink-bug power hop through an entire wave only to blow a lame air attempt at the end. That's butchering a wave, not enjoying it. It's one thing if it's a closeout and you drop in, get in maybe one pump and a bottom turn then try to boost. But that's not "going super sonic" by any means and actually takes skill to maintain momentum long enough to transmit above the lip. If someone doesn't have the basics down enough to actually ride a decently lined up wave getting a couple turns in THEN attempting an air, then they are just wasting a wave... How can anyone enjoy that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Where else but TX
    Posts
    62
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    It's soooo painful to watch people stink-bug power hop through an entire wave only to blow a lame air attempt at the end. That's butchering a wave, not enjoying it. It's one thing if it's a closeout and you drop in, get in maybe one pump and a bottom turn then try to boost. But that's not "going super sonic" by any means and actually takes skill to maintain momentum long enough to transmit above the lip. If someone doesn't have the basics down enough to actually ride a decently lined up wave getting a couple turns in THEN attempting an air, then they are just wasting a wave... How can anyone enjoy that?
    You make a great point Erock. There is no appreciation for quality and style let alone an understanding of real satisfaction. It is mainly the groms who have grown up in a self serving instant gratification society who think one lame air shot on the I Phone gives them cred. Same mentality that thinks butt chugging jager is better than sipping cognac..How can you enjoy that?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA/CT
    Posts
    338
    i fly like a bird ffffffff.jpg