LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=Doug;147236]Thanks for the positive vibes. Possibly part of the problem here is, the officials making decisions on how to "restore these communities" are not residents of them. Living comfortably in their own homes it's easy for them say, go f*ck yourself for 6 months because they're not in the situation themselves. Meanwhile an unnecessary amount of people are now looking for a place to live, availability is decreasing quickly, and rent rates just magically increased in the area. For most people the beach/beach area in Ocean County NJ is a novelty that they embrace only a few times a year between June and August. It's a hard pill to swallow when those are the people deciding if and when we can go home. Tumble weed Tuesday is the day after Labor Day and when 95% of the homes here become vacant until June. Sh*t, half of those bay front and ocean front homes are vacant even in the summer. All of those "home owners" don't actually live here. They're doing just fine, their primary residences are ok and so are there important valuables. I guess what I'm getting at is the voice of the year round residents is barely an audible whisper in the ears of people like governor Piss Twinkie. The “officials” in charge fail to see that the year round residents are a large part of what makes these towns functional in the first place. Governor Piss Twinkie isn’t dragging peoples drowning family members out of the ocean any time of the year, it’s people like me.

It's a horrible situation.

Having stated the obvious, it will never improve. It being the govt view of the citizenry. The govt, state & esp federal, is going to take this opportunity, and believe me, they do look on this as an opportunity, to control the citizenry. The cops with their hand on the gun screw you 'tude. The lack of response from taxpayer-fueled govt agencies. It adds up to control.

The govt is desensitizing the populace in order to gain control. Meaning, when you see SWAT teams & police conducting 'exercises' on neighborhood streets in the name of the war on terror, and that's the un-winnable war kids, do you get it, that means if we are constantly at war based on the govt definition, then the govt can & will abrogate your civil rights.

Bottom line? We're f * u cked. All of us. NJ is just the most blatant example of the destruction of our Constitutional rights.

I'm not ripping the first responders. Rip me if you will, but don't confuse what I'm saying with your emotional world. What this nation was founded upon is being eroded, actively so, by the feds & that's Repub & Dem, non-partisan, ISO control.

NJ is history, legacy, family, community, passion, pride, jobs, businesses, homes.

And it's time to read the signs & move.

One man's humble opinion.
    Last edited by yankee; Nov 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM.

I feel yah man.. I live a little north of you and was a first responder during Sandy. My shift started at 7pm- saw some **** and watched my life tore down by a redneck in a bulldozer smoking reds. My only advice is that the police and other people have been there for weeks at this point on end working crazy shifts. They snap and usually its on the wrong people. I ran up to surf after Athena and a women in a warm car told me I couldn't- I started in with the attitude, but stopped when I realized this isn't about my town or my safety but about securing the summer business. I went home cleaned a bit and went out and cleaned for others- felt as good as surfing believe it or not. Bottom line THEY ARE WRONG but my bigger issue now is mold- wind stay North so I don't have to see it. In hindsight I watched the vid up after Athena and thought that some of these people live in towns that were hit hard and instead of helping their neighbors they were indulging themselves. Shame on them!

Images
    Markysharky:
    Here is a vid I took the morning after (thanks for asking).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33GIEGGV0fo&feature=plcp
    The water was 2 ft higher the night before. I can't go home for 4-6 months. I advised my landlord that we need to cut out the sheet rock and wet insulation behind it but he thinks its fine. Since my landlord is wrong and not listening, mold could ruin the whole house by the time we can go back. We lost stuff, but not everything. I managed to barely save our truck and boat during the peak of the storm (that was nuts).
    About the fishermen in Deal:
    Wow. The cops pay check comes from the citizen he gave the $500 summons to for fishing (if the cop couldn't determine he was a fishermen and not a criminal he's a stupid f*cking a**hole and shouldn't be a cop in the first place). The community employs him to protect and serve them. In no way was this officer providing service or protection. For some reason police in this state are more into victimizing citizens than protecting them. Very occasionally they might help you, if its' your lucky day or you have a connection, or if you have a lot of money to pay good lawyers to fight for your constitutional rights or to bend the laws for you. Its f*cking disgusting. Like norbi said, "smoke and mirrors". I feel like we're going along with a 6 year olds magic trick, when in reality we knew the rabbit was there the whole time! The government "bends" laws into their favor every day to do some dirty sh*t, while at the same time they're locking people up for weed, selling alcohol everywhere and pushing crazy drugs all day on TV that cause death, cancer, and other horrible side effects. Are we really supposed to believe this hypocrisy is “democracy”? Its f*cking scary. Maybe that’s what they want, for us to be in fear (ya know, like fearful to go look at the ocean where I live)? Maybe it’s their way of letting us know democracy is out and communism is in? All I really know is, it feels super sh*ty and un-American.
    RobG:
    Thanks a lot man, I think what I need is a surf trip to escape from this repression.
    Yankee:
    I agree with you 100%, thank you for posting that.
    My surf spot is toasted:
    170.jpg
    Last edited by Doug; Nov 19, 2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: i suck at multi quotes

Images
    Get a good rifle while ya still can. You guys are right on the money, no reason for me to beat a dead horse. Doug, sorry for your troubles. Anybody who considers the outdoors their church is a friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Get a good rifle while ya still can. You guys are right on the money, no reason for me to beat a dead horse. Doug, sorry for your troubles. Anybody who considers the outdoors their church is a friend of mine.
    SCOPED rifle.